Date: May 16, 2023
Houston, TX, US, 77024
This position will be responsible for leading the preparation of and assisting with the review process of the Company’s SEC filings. This will require proficient knowledge of SEC rules and regulations and understanding of the oil and gas industry and accounting requirements. In addition, the person will be required to coordinate the drafting process by working with cross-departmental teams and external auditors. Applicant must be able to meet critical deadlines while working in a self-directed manner and training/mentoring junior team members. Applicant must have strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred. Major discipline in Accounting.
- MS Office Suite required; Workiva (Wdesk) and XBRL preferred; SAP preferred; BW reporting preferred
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Assist with the preparation and review processes of Company’s SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.).
- Assist with the preparation of earnings related material, including the Investor Package and review of Investor slides.
- Lead accountants on the team, delegating appropriately, and providing leadership and development to subordinates.
- Participation in the SEC review process with company management.
- Become recognized internal subject matter expert on E&P accounting and SEC best practices.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work, establish and execute plans to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure with a strong attention to details is required.
- Lead or assist special projects, as necessary.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Finance and Accounting || Not Applicable || || 31651 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Accounting, CPA, ERP, SAP, Technology, Finance, Research
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.