ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This dynamic International Revenue position is part of the team responsible for accounting for oil and gas revenue for Hess international assets. Focus will be on accounting for the world class assets in Guyana, one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries within the past decade. With exciting, continued growth as Hess moves from the first two phases to five in the next 3 years, this will bring continuous operational and contractual changes.
Working alongside the Manager, the role is responsible for preparing the monthly estimate for operated and non-operated international assets, supporting the month end close process by analyzing volumetric, contractual, and financial results, actual versus estimate variance explanations, and preparing margin analysis. Monthly responsibilities also include delivering SOX controls, reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, inventory schedules and cash forecast for Treasury, as well as, preparing monthly profit/loss schedules.
The accountant should have sound SAP/FI or other accounting system capability, with experience in booking accounting journal entries, strong excel skills and be able to perform analysis of monthly financial entries. You will work with the Manager ensuring that all deliverables and reported financial data are complete, accurate, timely and that the accounting records follow contractual agreements, GAAP, SOX controls and Company Policy.
The accountant should work to a high standard with attention to detail. A self-starter who can multi-task in a time sensitive environment, working both independently and as part of a team. Key to the role is cultivating collaborative relationships with stakeholders and meeting their information needs timely, therefore good interpersonal skills are preferred. You will work with Production Accounting, Commercial Marketing, Finance Support, Cash Management, Joint Venture Accounting and Treasury, as well as with the Hess India team members that input to the process.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key participant in preparing monthly estimates for oil and gas for international assets
- Prepare and review month-end schedules for Guyana for accounting close meetings
- Communicate effectively with management and work closely various internal and external stakeholders such as, Production Accounting, Commercial, Marketing, Finance Support, Cash Management, Joint Venture Accounting and Corporate Treasury, to build trusted relationships and provide financial data.
- Review Global Production System (GPS) exception report and resolve volume issues
- Analyze inventory and explain volumetric variances between current month, prior month, and accruals
- Review and monitor journal entries in SAP
- Perform a first level review of customer and vendor invoices
- Monitor receivables and payables to ensure timely processing
- Prepare and review quarterly/annual Balance Sheet Review commentary
- Prepare SOX and external audit schedules
- Support Manager to resolve escalated issues
- Responsible alongside the Manager for timely response to internal and external inquiries
- Prepare responses to internal and external auditors for Manager review
- Participate in ongoing lean review and continuous improvement of accounting procedures, controls, and documenting processes
- Document and update desk procedures for assigned tasks
- Minimum of three years of oil and gas experience
- Knowledge of international revenue accounting is a plus
- SAP knowledge preferred, however, training will be provided
- Experience MSOffice, Excel, and Word
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and documentation skills
- Self-starter who works proactively and can multi-task
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related Business field is required
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Finance | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26392
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.