My client is looking for an experienced IT Buyer for their new offices in Coventry. This position is hybrid with one day a week in the office and four at home, however at times flexibility on this may be required.
The position comes with a salary range of £39000 – £44500 and 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays, as well as pension scheme, an opportunity to earn bonus and other benefits.
Previous procurement experience in an IT field is essential for this position, as is a valid UK driving licence. You will also need knowledge of Utilities Contract REgulation (UCR) or of working in the public sector.
As a Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for procurement operations, identifying future opportunities and driving commercial value through sourcing and ongoing contract management activities. This will involve engaging and building strong working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs. A core understanding of the supply chains and market offerings will be required to ensure best for task solutions. You’ll also be accountable for end-to-end management of their portfolio including sourcing and contract management.
Practical Experience You Should Have…
- Previous experience in commercial / procurement roles (Essential)
- Experience of strategic sourcing and other procurement activities
- Experience in contract managing a portfolio of suppliers
- Experience in leading supplier meetings
- Utility experience preferable
- Experience of analysing and presenting data to inform sourcing / contract decisions
- A good understanding of contract drafting principles and experience in contract development, including the ability to make recommendations / amendments
- Experience in sourcing and managing different forms of contracts / framework agreements
- Experience in supporting process improvements to improve the customer experience
- Demonstrable experience in leading negotiations with suppliers
- An understanding of EU and Utility Procurement Directives ideally supported by evidence of running a competitive compliant tender process
- Develops a wider internal and external perspective by building a clear understanding of what drives markets, suppliers and stakeholders
If this sounds like you or someone you know, then please get in touch by sending a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.morson.com.