Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Senior Change Manager for a 3-month contract until December 2021 in Calgary, AB.
- Provide communications support for internal business and process change management initiatives in partnership with HR or internal business project teams.
- Work with internal functional teams to brainstorm, develop, and execute client communication strategies and tactics.
- Deliver communication, tools and develop resources that speak to the client’s target audience(s), use the appropriate voice and vehicle, and inspire the desired action and behaviors.
- Consistently deliver high-quality work that translates complex ideas into compelling, polished, and straightforward language.
- Create engaging, informative and audience-centric communications including employee and leader emails and briefings, intranet and external website content, program guides, presentations, videos, brochures and collateral, and content for social media and other digital marketing and communications channels as needed appropriate.
- Actively participate in and lead communication subject matter expert portion of client meetings/calls.
- Understand the client environment and demonstrate a client-focused mindset; manage multiple ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Monitor and measure communications results and continually improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with appropriate subject matter experts to establish requirements, determine subject material to be developed, and ensure accuracy and thoroughness of contents.
- Organize, write and present information in an appropriate format for the intended audience.
- Edit, standardize, and polish communications written by subject matter specialists.
- Develop original supplementary communication aids such as info graphics, charts, tables, process flow diagrams, conceptual illustrations.
- Coordinate review and revisions processes involving multiple stakeholders. Develop and manage the communication channels, tools, templates and processes required to deliver standardized, efficient and effective internal communications.
- Support quarterly business updates and leader Town Halls.
- Support development of monthly operations newsletter.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.