Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Completions Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
Agreeing completion objectives with the Subsurface Team in the Well Statement of Requirements.
* Assist the Drilling Engineer and contribute to preparation of the Well Design Document.
* Provide time and cost input data to the for long lead equipment and well AFEs.
* Performing the Completion Design, including Tubing Stress Analysis, and compile the Completion Design Document in accordance with Company policies and standards.
* Preparing the completion design input for incorporation into the HSE notification, relevant Competent Authority notifications and Well Examination submissions.
* Liaising with the Asset/Project Manager to obtain long lead equipment and well AFE approval according to Project schedule.
* Participating in Well Design and Operational Peer Reviews.
* Providing Completion Programme input to the Completions and Interventions Engineer.
* Chair Hazard Identification Risk Assessments and record all risks identified throughout the Well Delivery Process. Update and maintain the risk register.
* Coordinate support from the Service Companies, ensuring that all personnel, equipment, and technical support requirements are met.
* Ensure completion modules are optimised and perform QAQC of assembly and testing.
* Partake in Service Company performance reviews and manage Non-conformance Reports where required.
* Write the Completion Programme covering all relevant operations. Hold “Complete the Well on Paper session to optimise operation, capturing all appropriate comments and suggestions from the team.
* Support completion operations to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of fit for purpose wells
* Perform appropriate Management of Change, as per Companies procedures.
* Prepare Well Handover Documentation in a timely manner
* Perform post well cost reconciliation identifying any overruns or areas where cost was over estimated.
* Prepare and deliver the final End of Well Report with respect to Completions.
* Cooperate with Production Engineering to provide operational support when required.
* Cooperate and assist the Well Integrity Team with any Completion related issues.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Extensive prior completions experience within an oil & gas operator.
* Specific technical experience of;
* selective multizone completions,
* sand control systems
* horizontal wells
* tubing conveyed perforating,
* upper completion technology (safety valve, packers, chemical injection,
* downhole gauges – fibre and electronic),
* wireline (basic log interpretation CBL/VDL USIT and correlation
* slickline (basic wireline fundamentals,
* plug setting operations fishing tools and intervention),
* coiled tubing (basic fundamentals including downhole coiled tubing tools),
* drilling and completion fluids,
* wellbores clean up tool fundamentals and practices.
* Familiar with Well Barrier qualification and verification.
* Experience of intelligent completion systems would be advantageous
* Degree qualified Engineer
* Relevant Offshore Certification
* Valid Offshore Medical
* Level 4 IWCF Well Control Certification
* Competent with Landmark Graphics Software Suite.
* Skilled at MS Office Suite.
* An effective team player with strong leadership skills and an ability to coordinate
* services and deliver results.
* Excellent communicator able to influence and challenge colleagues.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064163.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.