Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Senior Contract Engineer on PAYE for 6-Month contract to be based in Aberdeen, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Development of Major Contracts strategy papers and in-depth knowledge / experience of placing major FEED/ EPC / Fabrication contracts.
- Preparation of Invitation to Tender (ITT) packages, including instructions to bidders, proposal form, contract agreements, terms and conditions, special terms and conditions, index and commercial exhibits as appropriate.
- Receive and review all other parts of the bid package to ensure continuity and completeness, including liaison with sponsor departments.
- Issue contract ITT package to approved tenderers, manage the clarification process (including close out of contractual and commercial qualifications) expedite responses, prepare formal commercial evaluation of bids and recommendation to award.
- Prepare and issue to the selected contractors approved contracts and contract amendments.
- Where appropriate liaise with Client and EPS West Contracts in UK for legal, tax insurance and compliance to obtain their input into subcontracts.
- Work with the PMT to negotiate contract terms with suppliers in line with Petrofac Best Practice and prepare justification for any significant exceptions for senior management approval.
- Ensure any agreed contractual position is approved in line with the Delegation of Authority Matrix.
- Ensure that where appropriate the contract terms drafted to ensure full back-to-back coverage
- Prepare contract approval paperwork (contract RRC, GRRC and Tender Board paperwork) in support of ITT’s and awards.
- Gain a full understanding of company procedures and processes and follow these principles in all aspects of the role.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all allocated subcontracts and ITT processes.
- Support Project Managers and Project Contract/Engineer Engineers Service Account Managers in presenting the Company’s position to suppliers and advise managers on their sub contractual rights and obligations.
- Assist in the development of standard ITT and contract templates for differing categories of activities.
- Lead and promote a performance culture, including focus on performance and value creation.
- Assist in the resolution of contractual claims and disputes.
- Contribute to the creation of the supplier performance feedback review plan and responsible for carrying out performance feedback reviews in accordance with the plan.
- Maintain and log all contract change authorisations and amendments.
- Legal or QS Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge and experience of contract terms UK Onshore and Offshore including but not limited to: FEED Awards, Construction Contracts, Major Packages, OPEX and CAPEX Engineering & construction, consultancy.
- Experience in drafting contracts in differing commercial and contractual arrangements
- Minimum years of experience in a senior or similar role with specific experience of onshore and offshore EPC projects subcontracts.
- Considerable oil and gas experience in reviewing, negotiating and drafting LS/TK subcontracts.
Note: Interested Candidates kindly submit both CV and relevant Qualification documents and Training Certificates when applying for this role.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.