- Participates in and lead the development and execution of critical procurement tactics and initiatives, either personally or through team members, depending on the team dynamic.
- Influencing and understanding the PORTFLIO business objectives and desired outcomes including engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with contracting activities and building contractor relationships in order to achieve leading supply chain performance.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the workload in the PORTFOLIO team and ensuring that all people basics are in place
- Development and execution of appropriate strategies for the PORTFOLIO to increase contracted coverage of procurement activities.
- Development, implementation and coordination of all tendering initiatives in PORTFOLIO and ensures the controlled execution of the process up to conclusion.
- Initiate activities related to sourcing, pre-qualification, enquiry, evaluation, recommendation, ordering in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Prepare Pre-Qualification/Screening, Tender Plans, Invitation To Bid Documents, Evaluation Criteria, Evaluation Reports and Award Recommendations.
- Seek PETRONAS/partners endorsement and approval of Tender Plans, Technical/Commercial Evaluation Criteria, Technical Evaluation Reports, Techno-Commercial Evaluation Reports and Award Recommendation Reports.
- Act as focal point on all procurement matters and interfacing with End-Users, including self-starting, control and coordinating all related activities.
- Finalization of purchase orders and necessary expediting activities.
- Ensures that Purchase Orders are valid, relevant and pro-actively managed and administrated throughout their life cycle.
- Ensuring that all required approvals are pro-actively in place
- Establishing and communicating operational direction, providing business context, coaching and direction to enable the PORTFOLIO team to meet its performance targets.
- Ensures implementation and management of best practices, benchmarking, document control, management & market information, continuous improvement and due diligence within team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum six (6) years relevant experience in oil and gas industry at least 1 of which should have been in a supervisory role
- A sound knowledge of PETRONAS Tenders and Contracts Procedures
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong team building skills
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.