Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Contracts Advisor (Engineering & Project Support), based in Aberdeen.
* Support the development of an overall contracting plan for range of assigned contracts through liaison with Contracts Manager and project management to develop a plan of action or strategy for each work package that delivers value for money and mitigates business risk.
* For each requirement, determine an approach through competitive tender and / or negotiation that protects company’s and the projects business interests and meets good industry practice.
* Support the entire procurement cycle from initiation to close out of commercial documentation to manage the bid / tender process and contract management delivery phase, typically including:
o Pre Contract: Information gathering / market intelligence, Contract Strategy, Pre-Qual questionnaire and evaluation model, Bid list and Tender Evaluation Model, ITT and Bid Opening, Post Tender Clarification communication, Recommendation to Award report / approval, Letter of Intent/ Award and Contract Document for signature
o Post Award Contract Management including preparation and issue of the following for Tender Board / Approval, such as Change Orders, Variation Orders, Amendments, Performance monitoring and potential claims management.
* Input and maintain contract register (pre and post contract) that aligns and integrates company’s business processes e.g. Health, Safety and Environment, Quality audits and other related management tools as appropriate.
* Provide supply market intelligence reports (e.g. D&B onboard supplier risk monitoring) and contract performance reports to support Project Services reporting and decision making for project leadership.
* Promote the use of a healthy and competitive supply chain within the portfolio of contracts.
* Liaise with company’s Supply Chain, Project Depts, Legal, HSE and Finance to support the implementation of the company’s supply chain policy by working collaboratively both with internal and external stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Previous experience as a Contracts Advisor in the E&P business, either for Operator or Major Contractor for a Relevant time.
* Experience in engineering / operations / projects supply chain areas of industry and some exposure to some of the key work packages, engineering services
* Experience of Supply Chain processes and procedures, systems (SAP or similar) and experienced in the use of Logic (or similar suites e.g. NEC or Fidic) model contracts.
* Good team player who can build effective relationships with stakeholders, within and across the organisation, such as Legal, Finance, HSEQ, etc.
* Working knowledge of project management process and how to align procurement processes and working practices to effectively dovetail the Category Management process (Planning, Sourcing & Negotiation and Supplier Management).
* Thrives in a business and project management environment. Experience of negotiating procurement contracts.
* Proficient in SAP or similar ERP system, eProcurement systems and Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to effectively communicate within a multi-functional and cultural project teams in the UK and internationally.
* Experience of using risk management processes and developing and implementing risk mitigation measures.
* Supports a positive health, safety, security, environmental and quality culture and approach
* Educated to degree level in appropriate Commercial discipline eg QS, poss. Law
* Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with internal and external personnel
* Excellent project management skills
* A sound understanding of the Contracts & Procurement process
* Ability to self-manage a number of activities simultaneously
* Relevant experience in E&P with at relevant experience working in a procurement / supply chain environment for an Operator or major contractor
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/061964.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.