Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Contracts Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Take ownership and assist in the delivery of all pre-qualification, request for information and tendering requirements, with primary focus on cost estimating and commercial assumptions, clarifications, and qualifications
* Conduct commercial handovers which highlight any major commercial and contractual risks
* Manage commercial and contractual aspects of managing Sub-contracts and major Purchase Orders
* Assist Projects and Operations to provide contractual support during project execution
* Evaluate project commercial performance identifying risks, possible mitigations, and areas for improvement
* Assist in the compilation of commercial claims from Clients as they arise through the execution of projects and contracts
* Assist Projects and Operations with project procurement
* Participate in any commercial initiatives and performance objectives that identify areas for performance improvement and any adjustments to organisation, processes, and tools
* Assist with project close-out activities ensuring all contractual requirements are completed
* Assisting with Contracts Manager duties (as above) with the Singapore office
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree educated in Law, Business Management or similar is preferred but not essential – relevant experience will also be considered
* Previous experience in a similar role is essential and familiarity with contracting documents is desirable
* Excellent communicator, in both written and verbal forms with highly effective inter-personal skills supported by good attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and proactively with a strong sense of personal accountability and self-motivation as well as collaboratively within a team
* Works closely with others to maximise team achievements and effectiveness through developing relationships and continuous sharing of knowledge and ideas
* Creative and adaptable in the ability to manage new challenges
* Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple, complex and fast-track priorities with a proactive and positive attitude
*Ability to promote best practice and QHSE compliance, raising standards through demonstration of own behaviours
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063825.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.