Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Senior Contracts Engineer on a permanent basis based in Aberdeen, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage, and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Input to and update the EPS West subcontracts plan, ensuring that it is delivered, and any tendering activity is listed on the FPAL forward work plan.
- Development of subcontract strategy papers and plans for designated client well operations
- Prepare, issue, and manage multiple Invitation to Tender (ITT) packages covering objective evaluation and award.
- Prepare and issue to the selected contractors approved contracts and deal with subsequent contract amendments and Call offs and purchase orders and any client ITT input.
- Where appropriate, develop negotiation strategies and deliver optimised results.
- Liaise continuously with technical teams (Well Engineering and also Logistics), clients where appropriate and sponsor departments.
- Maintain and log all subcontract change authorisations and amendments.
- Where appropriate liaise with legal, tax, insurance, and compliance to obtain their input into subcontracts.
- Perform Rate analysis and maintain benchmarking catalogue.
- Work with the Business Services lines to negotiate Master Services Agreement subcontract terms with suppliers in line with Petrofac Best Practice and prepare justification for any significant exceptions for senior management approval.
- Ensure any agreed subcontract position is approved in line with the Delegation of Authority Matrix.
- Ensure that where appropriate the sub-contract terms drafted ensure full back-to-back coverage with client contracts.
- Prepare subcontract approval paperwork (subcontract RRC, GRRC and Tender Board paperwork) where required in support of ITT’s and awards.
- Gain a full understanding of company procedures and processes and follow these principles in all aspects of the role.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all allocated subcontracts and ITT processes.
- Provide support to business development activities.
- Support Project Managers in presenting the Company’s position to suppliers and advise managers on their subcontract rights and obligations.
- Lead and promote a performance culture, including focus on performance and value creation.
- Assist in the resolution of subcontract claims and disputes.
- Contribute to the contractor performance review plan and responsible for carrying out performance feedback reviews in accordance with the plan.
- Solid working knowledge of LOGIC based terms and conditions (Well Services, On-Offshore Services, Major Items of Plant and Equipment, Mobile Drilling Rigs – useful but not essential) including the ability to work with and modify special conditions.
- Experience negotiating rig contracts, helicopter agreements useful but not essential.
- Strong working ability dealing with typical supply chain practices and protocols (ITT/RFQ/Market Analysis/Single Source/Negotiation) pertaining to appropriate risk management.
- Well Services scopes and Long Lead equipment awareness and well planning experience preferred but not essential.
Note: Interested Candidates kindly submit both CV and relevant Qualification documents and Training Certificates when applying for this role.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.