Our client a Mining Operator in Perth are currently seeking a Senior Cost Controller to join them for a 12-month contract.
Our client are currently in the process of transforming their energy assets to achieve the climate change targets of zero emissions by 2030.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Cost Controller to join an energetic and collaborative team where you will be a key member of the energy projects team.
As a member of the project team, you will be responsible for the evaluation of FFC, Value of Work Done, Performance Measurement, and Commitment phasing. You will provide oversight of work packages, ensuring costs are monitored / reported and in compliance with the approved Project Controls Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in management of change (MOC) process through Project Change Notices (PCN) and Trends for cost impacts.
- Support the Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order Process Update budget, commitment, incurred and forecast costs in the cost control database and reporting system.
- Coordinate the development and provision of monthly cost forecast reports (presentations, reports to management and stakeholders etc.) for both internal and external purposes.
- Facilitate and manage monthly Cost Forecast reviews with Project Managers and Directors.
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors and Scope Owners as required, guiding the team in all cost related issues.
- Consolidate and generate Value of Work Done (VOWD), Estimate to Complete (ETC) and Estimate at Completion (EAC).
- Ensure that the cost forecasts reflect the latest project scope of work and project schedule.
- Liaise with various departments and team members in providing Value of Work Done (VOWD),
- Estimate to Complete (ETC), Estimate at Completion (EAC) and variance analysis against agreed budgets.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in Capital Project execution.
- Strong depth and technical competency in cost engineering, budgeting and forecasting.
- Knowledge and broad understanding of standard project progress evaluation (EV, SPI, CPI).
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.