Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients.
We encourage applications and enquiries from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people looking to apply for opportunities within Petrofac. Indigenous Peoples are critical partners and stakeholders within Petrofac operations across Australia.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: SENIOR COST ENGINEER
- Focal point and technical lead for project Budget and Cost management in Ascertra Mpower (Petrofac’s project controls solution).
- Support the implementation / roll-out / development of Ascertra Mpower.
- Prepare analytical reports using Ascertra Mpower, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint which may address project budget, variation(s), actual costs, remaining costs, and cost forecasts.
- Interface with other functions and departments to collect data, resolve issues, or prepare reports.
- Present and explain project cost reports to company stakeholders and client(s).
- Assess potential variations or claims against project budget.
- Participate in project review meetings and provide project advice/support when required.
- Continuous improvement of the cost control process and service.
- Coaching and mentoring of Cost Engineer(s).
- Other related tasks as directed by your line manager.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated capability from prior work experience. work experience with cost control or cost engineering for contractors (EPC, EPCM, etc.).
- Excellent English language communication and familiarity with local culture (typically obtained by prior long-term residence in a country of similar culture).
- Proactive and confident personality and communication style.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.