Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Counsel supporting our Crude Oil Marketing Business based in Houston, Texas.
- Senior Counsel providing legal support to the crude oil marketing business of Occidental Petroleum Corporation. Position will also support other business activities of Occidental’s midstream and marketing segment.
- The midstream and marketing segment purchases, markets, gathers, processes, transports and stores oil, condensate, natural gas liquids, natural gas and power. The segment also trades around its assets, including transportation and storage capacity, and invests in entities that conduct similar activities.
- Reporting to the Associate General Counsel for the midstream and marketing segment of Occidental Petroleum Corporation.
- Provide legal support in connection with Occidental’s crude oil and other physical marketing business activities, including support related to (i) contract negotiation and interpretation of physical purchase and sale, exchange and buy/sell transactions (maritime, lease level and market hub), (ii) the transportation of product via pipeline, rail and vessel charters, and (iii) the development of midstream infrastructure.
- Provide marketing transactional support in connection with the acquisition, divestiture and restructuring of domestic oil and gas assets.
- Provide advice and support on regulatory issues arising in connection with the marketing business, including FERC and Texas Railroad Commission regulations.
- Provide support to trade control and credit functions, including letters of credit, credit insurance and broker agreements.
- Provide legal support to other business units in the midstream and marketing segment.
- Bachelor’s degree, and Juris Doctorate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.
- Minimum seven years of experience (either at a top-tier law firm or in-house).
- Experience with marketing contracts, including general terms and conditions used in the domestic and international crude oil marketing and trading industries.
- Experience with gathering, transportation, exchange, storage and marine terminal lifting agreements.
- Experience with trade control processes and contract management systems.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with senior commercial managers.
- Ability to coordinate issues with other legal and business functions.
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-Houston
– United States
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.