We are looking for an individual with strong passion in credit analyst and risk management to join our Thailand office. As part of the Risk Management team, you will play a key role in ensuring that our Trading & Supply(T&S) organization delivers its business objectives in a controlled way and within pre-determined risk levels. You will have the opportunity to gain deep commercial knowledge by collaborating closely with our T&S business and at the same time advancing your in-depth technical knowledge of risk management within Shell and externally.
This is a highly specialist role requiring experience and a close attention to detail in order that Shell Trading entities are properly insured in the event of a counterparty defaulting. You will support best practice knowledge sharing throughout the Global Credit organization, in particular via regular interface with the counterpart positions in the Credit & Trade Finance teams in Singapore and Houston.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- You will act as senior advisor within the Global T&S Credit organization for negotiating and executing letters of credit, pursuant to which credit risk is passed from Shell T&S entities to a financial institution, where these are based in London/Europe.
- Ensure all trading activities remain within mandated Credit risk limits.
- Support the T&S businesses in understanding commercial risks, and actively manages them to generate value for T&S and organization in general.
- Manage reporting for the T&S business they support, segregating Profit and loss(P&L) performance against risks and ensuring the drivers of returns are fully understood.
- Deliver “operational excellence” in terms of Credit risk processes.
- Act as primary business relationship owner with respect to external counterparties on Credit related matters.
- Manage or provide input to relevant Credit committees.
Who are we looking for?
- You must have a Degree in relevant disciplines and have work experience in a Credit Risk role within energy, banking or financial industries.
- Possess an in-depth technical knowledge of Credit Risk, and good judgement to provide advice, while balancing risk and value.
- Have a good foresight of the energy markets in which T&S operates and the instruments it trades.
- Acquired a deep understanding of external regulation, compliance and risk management best practice.
- An analytical thinker, with modeling capabilities, research and problem-solving skills, computer skills, technologically oriented.
- You can communicate confidently and have excellent stakeholder management skills.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.