Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: SENIOR DESIGNER – TELECOM
- The overall design and drafting activities for large sized projects developing designs, drawings and estimates in support of engineering deliverables, procurement activities and for final fabrication and construction requirements.
- Review the Technical Document Register (TDR), evaluate number of required drawings and establish design and drafting requirements. Review the Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings. Equipment Specifications, Telecoms Design Basis and other relevant documents.
- Supervise all activities involved in Preparation of layouts in 2D CAD and work on 3D models (PDS / PDMS / SP3D) with adequate dimensions necessary to assist the Engineering disciplines and Fabrication/Construction personnel. Supervise the preparation activities associated with BLOCK Diagrams, Wiring Termination Diagrams, Typical Installation detail drawings, Telecoms Equipment layout Drawings, Cable Tray/Trench Lay-outs, Cable route drawings, Cable Schedules and Cable Drum Schedules, Interconnection Schedules and Bill of material for bulks.
- Ensure consistency for all drawings and conduct thorough checks to ensure correctness of the technical content and the quality of the engineering drawings.
- Assist the lead and engineers in project execution, estimation, preparation of deliverables and activities.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- ITI / Diploma
- Minimum 15 years of Experience in Oil & Gas / Energy/ relevant area for Telecom Engineering and designing.
- Design knowledge all telecom systems used in Oil & Gas.
- Working knowledge of 2D CAD and 3D models (PDS / PDMS / SP3D).
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.