Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: SENIOR DRILLING ENGINEER
- Responsible for composition of all studies, programmes and program amendments for the construction, re-entry, repair of a well. Significant data gathering and analysis using diverse (& incomplete) data sets is likely to be needed.
- Studies are likely to range from isolated FEED-studies for clients, other concept development type studies, due-diligence work and data room reviews for prospective acquisitions by clients, to development of high-level costings or investigative work in support of operations.
- Support the project team in submission for and the implementation of and adherence to Petrofac and clients project specific HSEQ and legislative requirements.
- Complete modelling and design work to develop a fit for purpose casing design and basis of design in line with applicable standards.
- Responsible for peer review and communication of assigned workscope to relevant parties.
- Provide technical analysis and solutions for well challenges.
- Determine the specification and (if required) manage the well design specific procurement of equipment and services in line with Client and Petrofac guidelines including the generation of Call offs.
- Liaison with all other required disciplines, such as subsea and completions.
- Participate in the inputting and tracking of all project actions and key legislation in Turus™.
- Participate in the inputting and close out of all lessons in Turus™.
- Complete risk reviews and document same as required by the project utilizing Turus™.
- Preparation of cost estimates and AFE’s for planning and well construction/ intervention/ repair in line with Petrofac policies and client requirements.
- Provide out of hours emergency response and operational support.
- Preparation of statutory notifications to government and other parties, if required.
- Coordinate and monitor time based well construction performance management.
- Liaison with rig and service contractors in planning and operations processes.
- Daily office based well operations support.
- Lead client project meetings and weekly reporting requirements.
- Coordinate end of well reporting by all relevant service companies and Petrofac.
- Provide stand in cover for drilling superintendent.
- Liaison with well examiner for all drilling engineering workscopes.
- Responsible for technical approval of all invoices related to drilling engineering workscope.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Degree qualified.
- Experience in well design, planning, programming and AFE development.
- Knowledge of industry best practices associated with drilling and completions.
- Understanding of casing design and well control techniques.
- Ability to use industry standard well engineering software packages beneficial (e.g. Landmark StressCheck, WellCat, WellPlan, Compass, OpenWells, etc).
- IWCF Subsea Supervisors or WellCap Subsea Supervisors Well Control Certificate Holder.
- Offshore training.
- Experience of rig site supervision of drilling operations.
- Analytical ability.
- Schedule management.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving and innovation.
- Delivering synergies.
- Action and results focus.
- Customer/Client focus.
- Leadership and, managing people.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.