• Responsible for well engineering, design and technical integrity aspects of well projects and ensuring the safe and efficient execution of well projects.
• Develops well design documentation, drilling programmes and associated documentation
• Identifies and raises a change request for any material changes to these programmes
• Identifies material requirements and requests to Logistics Department
• Ensures projects are planned in full compliance with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements and are executed safely and efficiently
• Demonstrates a challenging and innovative approach, to ensure cost effective, safe and environmentally acceptable engineering solutions
• Applies appropriate techniques and processes to drive performance through benchmarking and data analysis
• Ensures appropriate peer reviews, risk assessments and assurance reviews are held with actions closed out accordingly
• Interfaces effectively with other teams e.g. subsurface, projects, supply chain, finance to safely and successfully deliver the project
• Prepares required Budget estimates/AFEs for each project phase through the through appropriate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for budgeting and after work allocation processes. Ensures project expenditures are effectively monitored, managed and controlled
• Prepares and evaluates tenders. Acts as Technical Sponsor for certain contracts
• Supports the contractor management process by developing highly positive relationships with contractors and suppliers. Ensures contractor delivery against KPls/scorecards
• Responsible for the capture and close out of lessons learned and analysis of NPT events, and for the preparation and submission of end of well reports
• Provides technical support and gives work direction to less experienced engineers.
• Provides support to Project Manager and Operational team and provides operational cover as required
• Makes regular visits to site to enhance base – site relationships and communications, participate in rig safety audits, promote and support Company and contractor safety-related initiatives etc.
• Participates in the Wells' duty rota and provides support to the Incident Management Team (IMT) in the event of a rig-related incident
Qualifications & Qualities:
• Confirmed past experience in similar offshore project (drilling exploration well using floater drilling unit)
• Drilling engineering training
• Drilling experience level minimum 20 years
• Well control training to an industry recognized standard
• Minimum 20 years in operational drilling role
• Overall, 10 years' experience on land wells and recent experience on land well operations
• Multiple country work experience – MENA preferable
• Proven self-motivated
• Deep experience in performance driven culture and practices
• Determination to deliver and improve
• Mentors the client's work force
• Flexibility of work pattern, including potential breaks
• Fluent in written and spoken English language
• Strong analytical and communication skills together with excellent computer literacy
To apply for this job please visit altea-energy.com.