JOB TITLE: Senior Dynamic Positioning Operator
REPORTING TO: Marine Section Leader
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Responsible for the safe positioning of the unit and Responsible Navigator as per international maritime regulations.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Minimum one year on a Seadrill rig as Dynamic Positioning Operator
· Participated in at least 2 rig moves, DP trials, FMEA or CMID/Marine Assurance Audit
· STWC ll/1
· DPO certificate
· Valid Well Control Certificate (IWCF Level 2 – Introductory)
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· The uninterrupted manning of the dynamic positioning console.
· That neither dynamic position console nor bridge is left unattended at any time.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by monitoring daily operations.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Active participation in meeting activities.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations
· That marine certification at all times is valid and available onboard.
· Safe and efficient execution of marine operations as per procedures.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Stability and ballast operations are conducted according to requirements.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
· That the bridge equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Equipment is prepared for future marine operations.
· Operate the ballast control system to maintain the rig in a stable condition at the correct draft and trim as directed by the MSL
· Operate the ballast control system as per Company and Vessel operating procedures. Perform as needed preventative maintenance (PM) on ballast, bilge and other relevant bridge equipment. Noting any problems in SAMS and follow up.
· Using Riser Analysis create the Well Specific Operating Guideline document for well planning. Advise relevant personnel as per Well Specific Operating guidelines (WSOG).
· Monitor Vessel Management System (VMS) and fire / gas alarms. Take appropriate action and recording as needed
· Ensure marine publications and navigational charts are up to date and maintained
· Ensure GMDSS systems are functioning, routinely tested and log book is properly maintained
· Ensure watch checklist, procedure checklist and bridge equipment checks are completed. Liaise with other departments, client, supply boats etc.
· Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the safe transfer of fluids internally and between the rig and supply vessels
· Monitor and control supply boat operations and any other operations within the vessel five hundred meter zone including ROV operations
· Competent in the use of data logger and extracting information from it
· Knowledge of vessel FMEA, DP trials, and CMID or Marine Assurance Audits.
· Familiarization with Company MOC Policy regarding Software updates to the DP system and keeping proper records of all Third Party Service Reports for future reference and tracking.
· Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc. as required
· Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Must be fully COVID vaccinated and able to provide record
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN REURN
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit seadrill.csod.com.