Our client seeks the services of a Senior Electrical Engineer for a 12 month contract, Pinjarra based, with the very real view of an extension. Due to the location of the site, in line with fatigue management, ideally you will live SOR
- Extensive detailed design / commissioning experience in high voltage (22kV), medium voltage (3.3kV/6.6kV), low voltage (415V) & ultra-low voltage, Earthing, PLC/DCS & communication protocols.
- Deliver discipline specific engineering services in accordance with the Client and statutory standards with high attention to detail.
- Develop technical solutions for small to medium refinery brownfield projects. – Complete estimates for engineering hours required to deliver engineering phases of work.
- Complete Basis of Design / Scope Outline documents to detail project design basis.
- Developed detailed scope document for electrical equipment supplies (e.g. MCC/Switchboards)
- Complete detailed Scopes of Work for Contractor site execution of works.
- Complete detailed specifications / datasheets / lists (e.g. MCC) for equipment supply.
- Technically evaluate vendor equipment supply proposals.
- Develop and review Single line diagrams / schematics and detailed electrical and instrumentation drawings in cooperation with design drafters.
- Complete engineering sketches.
- Must be able to understand Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and mark-up / update for projects.
- Capable of completing detailed cable / power / voltage drop calculations / sizing for electrical systems. Good awareness of Australian standards.
- Awareness short circuit / load flow study calculations
- Working understanding design standards typical to brownfields refinery/mining industries.
- Good understanding of field instrumentation and able to develop datasheet
- Assist in development functional specifications.
- Exposure to electrical & instrumentation brownfields construction and commissioning.
- Ability to develop E&I commissioning plans and provide site technical assistance during commissioning.
- Complete project site inspections and completion punch lists.
- Ability to manage own time with limited supervision, able to lead Jnr engineers & ensure work completed within target budget & schedule.
- Ability to understand client issues and work collaboratively and effectively with client representatives to get best project outcomes.
- Apply Safety in Design principles at all times.
- Good understanding of change management applicable to small to medium projects.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience of and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Willing to work at site location & confident in conducting site visits & field verification.
- Good understanding of project reporting, tracking & documentation requirements.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical / Power)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.