Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Senior Engineer Mechanical
- Supervise a team of Job engineers and designers in carrying out project /proposal detailed engineering works and provide necessary technical procurement assistance in compliance with tender specifications/data sheets and within budgeted cost, man-hour and project schedules.
- Review ITB (Invitation To Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, issue inquiry requisitions, review techno-commercial vendor offers, prepare equipment, material and man-hour estimates. Generally leads the efforts as Lead Engineer.
- Review contract requirements for project execution, organize the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR), identify requirements and scope of work; review specifications Data Sheets (DS), Control room & other room layouts, Piping Material Specifications (PMS), Piping/Ducting & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s/D&IDs), Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, Review Philosophies, Area Classification Drawings, Fire and Gas Detector Layout Drawings and other relevant documents. Establish contract review criteria, identify and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to projects/client.
- Verify contract technical specifications, scope of work, HSE requirements, budgeted man hours, budgeted quantities, total of deliverables, and format of delivery, time schedules and project specifications for execution of the work. Identify equipment parameters including capacity, controls, power supply, material of construction, pressure requirements, limitations of operating environment and other parameters.
- Provide inputs for the preparation of plot plans; organize the issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) coordinate with other engineering discipline in the integration of data inputs.
- Supervise the preparation of technical inquiry requests (Inquiry Requisitions) to vendors; participate in the technical evaluation of vendor bid offers. Direct and provide guidance in the Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), review vendor drawings and documents. Supervise the review of design calculations, ensure vendor equipment specifications meet with client equipment specifications and are within budgeted costs.
- Administer the preparation of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of equipment and materials. Review vendor quality plans, ensure vendor equipment’s compatibility and compliance with the scope of client specifications. Coordinate with procurement, ascertain expedite of materials and equipment to site.
- Interface and regularly meet with client and vendor representatives, conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related issues. Update TDR progress reports through the use of PETROCEPT software.
- Verify Heat Load Calculation, pump head calculation, pressurisation calculation performed by Job Engineer.
- Function as part / team member of Specialist Group to support multiple projects.
- Apportion work among engineering staff according to specialized training, monitor man-hour costs and team schedules. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce the overall package costs.
- Monitor vendor manufacture progress; verify vendor equipment testing and fabrications procedures. Inspect Vendor workshops; attend testing of critical equipment items. Coordinate with third party inspectors for non-critical equipment testing. Approve equipment final product dispatch to site.
- Participate in HAZOP meeting with the client and representatives of other engineering disciplines.
- Interact with HSE, Quality Assurance for quality issues; strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests; facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
- Interface and provide clarification and guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers, provide start-up assistance as required.
- Perform departmental duties as and when directed by Direct Supervisor.
- Supervise and develop Graduate Engineers and other engineers as assigned by Department.
- Work on Development Standards/Data Sheets/Other Tools to improve productivity.
- Acts as the main interface in converting the project from concept to detailed engineering.
- Works within project budget requirements.
- Serves as a tie-in for inter-discipline engineering concerned with the project.
- Coordinates and assigns work as per equipment specifications.
- Work is normally reviewed by Lead Engineer.
- Supervise 2 to 6 Engineers and Designers as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with a minimum 10 years of related experience preferable from a background in working for EPC or consultancy organizations in the of the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Supervise and participate in the development and preparation of equipment sizing and identification of equipment specifications and interface i.e. compressors, pumps, chillers, ACCU, HVAC Equipment, controls, power supply, utility requirements, environmental regulation requirements and other assessments. Define metallurgy specifications in accordance to process requirements, administer the development of Mechanical Datasheets.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.