Supervises to ensure the overall Maintenance costs are controlled and monitored. Provides specialized expert opinion and advice to all maintenance disciplines on matters related to contracts, work service orders and purchases.
- Assumes overall responsibility for all aspects of contracts management related to the Maintenance Division.
- Ensures that an effective and efficient administration and communication system is in place in accordance with contract requirements.
- Corresponds/coordinates with Contracts Department in HQ for all maintenance contracts throughout the tendering cycle.
- Initiates Contracts Request in CMS (Contracts Management system).
- Provides clarification and interpretation of contractual terms to engineers responsible for field execution of work.
- Initiates Provisional and Final Acceptance Certificates.
- Ensures Small Works Insurance cover for all maintenance related contracts.
- Supervises to ensure adherence to procedures for commitment of high value PR and contracts.
- Supervises the preparation of all documents for WSO Contract Committee submissions.
- Assists in initiation of documents for short term labor/equipment/service hire agreements.
- Justifies to management any variation noted in contracts in coordination with concerned Department.
Cost Monitoring and Control:
- Controls maintenance expenditure, reviews invoices and approves payment.
- Maintains financial records for contracts, reports variances and suggests corrective action.
- Ensures timely invoicing.
- Ensures that all expenditure is committed in accordance with Delegation of Authority.
- Monitors performance of awarded contracts and reviews accuracy of monthly payment applications during and at completion of contracts.
- Assists in review and settlement of claims raised by contractors.
- Reviews and analyses the HQ Finance monthly budget performance reports and provides recommendations as appropriate.
- Works with computerized databases to manage deviations and minimize costs.
- Prepares and analyses cost reports for projects.
- Performs other similar or related duties, as required
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and company Code of Practices
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Direct supervisor to provide information and analysis and to take directions
- Direct reports, if any.
- Staff within the Section to discuss & establish priorities.
- Engineers and Section Leaders of other departments for sharing information and coordinating work.
- As required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Certification in Cost Engineering is preferred.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge:
- 8 years’ experience in maintenance planning, cost control and contract management, preferably in an oil/gas or petrochemical industry.
- Technical and practical knowledge of the award, administration and close-out phases of contract development, in multi-discipline construction projects.
- Knowledge of current industry and technical developments.
- Knowledge of administering FIDIC and other contract standards.
- Experienced in engineering and procurement services cost control.
- Familiar with costing and scheduling impacts under alternative contract strategies such as Lump Sum, Bills of Quantities or Reimbursable.
- Legal and insurance knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiating skills with a high standard of business ethic.
- Data analysis and report writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good oral and written English. Arabic language is preferable.
- As per the approved company Competency dictionary
- As per the approved company Competency dictionary
Close the popup
To apply for this job please visit jobs.adnoc.ae.