About the Company


We are a young and emerging upstream member of company Group, focused on unlocking undeveloped oil and gas potential in the UAE. Al Dhafra Petroleum is a dynamic and efficient upstream company with a mandate to maximize the UAE’s natural resources. Our shareholders are company, which owns 60% of the company, with Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC) and GS Energy owning the remaining 40%.


About the Job


Takes lead role in the initial build and maintenance of the active Marginal Full field dynamic simulation models based on new and evolving Geo-model builds.

Build reservoir simulation models (Full Field & Sector) to ensure latest reservoir and other data and knowledge are “tried and tested” in the test models before being rolled over to the operational Full Field model.

Provides up dated HCIIP and single well production forecasts to be used in economic analyses.


Key Accountabilities


  • Utilities reservoir simulation models based Geo-model and fluid uncertainties to refine estimates in field total and field accessible HCIIP.

  • Identify and manage key sub surface uncertainties.

  • Work closely with Reservoir Studies Geologist to identify optional method and degree of up-scaling from Geo-model to Dynamic model.

  • Constructs sector models to assist in understanding the impact of reservoir heterogeneity, fractures and other reservoir properties may have on well production.

  • Integrate results of all existing well test data, PVT fluids analysis, SCAL and routine core analysis into reservoir model.

  • Ensures the smooth transfer of new Full Field model builds based on Geo-models updates to Development REs.

  • To identify reservoir engineers’ skills gaps and training needs, organize reservoir and petroleum engineering training courses.

  • To offer technical advice, practical help, and assistance to staff as and when required, concerning reservoir or multi-disciplinary studies.

  • Follow all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner

  • Ensure compliance to 100 % HSE policy in all aspects of the professional delivery.

  • Works in accordance with the established Company Policy and Procedures

  • Provide Reservoir Engineering inputs for Delineation, Development, Appraisal & Workover Well Prognosis

  • To be able to generate a quick economic model to predict economical outlook for any CFDP or FDP

  • Staying up to date with the latest software developments and new applications which are of potential value to the Division.

  • Stimulate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of Sub Surface Division systems, processes and practices taking into account “international best practice”, improvement of business processed, cost reduction and productivity improvement.


Minimum Requirements


  • Minimum BSc Reservoir/ Petroleum Engineering.

  • At least 10 years Reservoir Engineering experience, including proficiency with simulation software (PSIM, Eclipse); volumetric analysis; material balance; well performance & monitoring; risk & uncertainty analysis.

  • Recent hands-on expertise of Full Field sector simulation modelling, sensitivity analysis.

  • Large development project experience. Oil and Gas in Middle East experience is a plus.

  • Course certificates from core area of Reservoir Engineering.

  • Demonstrated high end user skills of Reservoir simulation software e.g., Petrel (preferred).

  • Showed experience in operational data acquisition such as pressure sampling, fluid sampling, well testing.

  • Familiar with standard software for well testing interpretation, well modelling and fluid characterization.

Close the popup

Apply Now

To apply for this job please visit