Our client seeks a Senior Estimator for a Perth based 12 month initial contract. You will be responsible for managing the detailed estimates, analysis and pricing schedules for a major mining project and will be working as part of a major FS study for an iron ore client. You will be required to own the Estimation function by monitoring progress, preparing schedules and reports and ensuring the client scope is met to expectation.
This role will see you:
- Prepare detailed estimates in accordance with the scope of work
- Create pricing schedules, complete material take-offs, and prepare cost budgets in a variety of formats
- Preparation, follow-up, and analysis of Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents for various equipment vendors
- Monitor project progress and monthly reconciliation of project cost against allocated budget
- Developing spreadsheets for costing labour & materials in meeting tender requirements
- Analyse actual fixed and variable costs for use in tendering pricing
You will need to possess the following:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications – ie. Degree in Engineering, Commerce or similar
- Prior working experience within an EPCM/ESP environment, ideally working on large scale mining projects
- Established knowledge of subcontractors and suppliers in WA and Pilbara region
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong commercial acumen with prior experience in mining service
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.