TechnipFMC is a global leader in the energy industry, specialized in subsea and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 20000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
Marketed Job title
Are you our new Senior Estimator, Subsea Tendering in TechnipFMC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?
Introduction to the Job
“At TechnipFMC, we deliver critical projects of a scale, scope and difficulty that you simply won’t find anywhere else. We are looking for an experienced Senior Estimator, Subsea Tendering who can join our multicultural team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.”
Provide support to the tendering/project team by preparing and coordinating timely delivery and accurate cost estimates, taking into account TechnipFMC’s tendering philosophy, estimating guidelines and Client’s scope of work.
Capable to produce high level study work estimates as well as detail norms based estimates using estimating tool such as excel or proprietary software packages.
Ensure that Technip Groups commercial/contractual/financial principles and procedures are adhered to in order to minimize commercial/contractual risk/exposure of TechnipFMC, while safeguarding TechnipFMC’s potential to win work is maximized.
- Preparation and coordination of accurate cost estimates (showing cost, currency, taxes, hedging, insurance and etc.) in accordance with TechnipFMC Estimating guidelines for subsea tenders ensuring management is provided with all necessary information for bid review.
- Review all technical, costing / commercial and contractual bid inputs to confirm no errors, inconsistencies or oversights. Review the proposal documents regularly to ensure that the requirements of Client are full satisfied in terms of format, content and consistency.
- Coordinates with other departments and collects all needed relevant data or cost inputs to firming up cost.
- Studies and understands the scope of work, contract, schedule, project execution, local conditions, construction execution, financing scheme of a specific proposal.
- Assist the tendering team with commercial responses to client following receipt of Invitation to Tender/Request.
- Participate in preparation of contingency analysis and, where required, cash flow reports.
- Coordinates with the procurement team and help expedite all subcontract CBT’s for third party quotations in order to finalise pricing of tender.
- Coordination of obtaining appropriate Management approval of Tender Proposal Pricing in accordance with procedures prior to tender submission including preparation of Authorisation to SUBMIT documentation.
- Coordination of post-tender submission responses to clarifications raised by Client, including attending clarification meetings as required. Gaining appropriate Management approval for any changes of price/position that deviate from Group corporate principles.
- Assist with training junior estimators in subsea processes and procedures as necessary.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of estimating tools, preferably software packages based on databases and Microsoft excel.
- Accurately Complete Pricing Tables ensuring compliance with Approved positions.
- Maintain benchmarking database and assist with analysis of IEPCI/EPCI/T&I competitive positions.
- Where required present to peers and management at approval gate meets.
- Support the Estimating Manager and tendering team. Prepare correspondence, commercial qualifications, contracts, presentations, procedures, minutes of meetings, filing, tender hand over after contract award and other admin tasks as and when required.
- Archive documents and maintain excellent document control in accordance with procedures.
- Maintain awareness of, and compliance with TechnipFMC Procedures and Guidelines which directly affect the work undertaken.
You are meant for this job if
- Engineering/ Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial/ Business degree
- Sound knowledge of onshore/offshore/subsea IEPCI/EPCI/T&I projects.
- Contractual/Commercial knowledge of Subsea IEPCI/EPCI/T&I models would be highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in both written and spoken English.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of estimating techniques and methodologies applicable to onshore/offshore/subsea and oil and gas industry.
- Good understanding of the principles of cost control, estimating, management, and project reporting
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Understanding of scheduling programmes such as Microsoft Project or Primavera.
- Understanding of Word Processing programmes such as Microsoft Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to create commercial models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experience as a Contracts Engineer / Estimator / Project Engineer.
- Previous experience in Subsea and oil and gas industry.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Commitment to highest quality output.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, often necessitating additional hours being worked.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Ability to work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a geographically distributed team.
- Keen commercial awareness.
- Flexibility and commitment.
- Excellent attitude towards health and safety.
Examples from the Brand Book
- Breakthrough Projects: Continuously raise standards, Innovative, Solution-oriented, Help us solve complex problems
- Global Playground: Be open-minded, open to Travel, Speak professional English, Be adaptable and work in multicultural environment
- Live Inspiring Experiences: Be committed and proactive, Have a strong sense of collaboration, Able to make decisions and learn from every situation
- Potential career path, if possible
- Global mobility opportunities if relevant
- Training and development
- Diverse and international team if relevant
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran, marital status or any other plurality.”
To apply for this job please visit technip.referrals.selectminds.com.