Scope of Responsibilities
Supervise the Finance team in financial accounting, corporate taxation, registrations and statuary compliance, management information reporting and accounting & reporting. Responsible for seeing all financial operations in joint ventures, branches and overseas offices.
1. Responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, Assist with preparation of the budget and implementing financial policies and procedures.
2. Prepares financial reporting which includes backlog analysis and other reporting. Assists in review of periodic forecasts and annual budgets and high level forecasts. Performs MTM revaluations of forward contracts and ineffectiveness calculations as required.
3. Create, apply and control financial procedures, ensuring that each transaction and payment has the necessary approval and justification.
4. Performs financial due diligence of acquisition targets, provides assistance as required to strategic initiatives and performs financial analysis for decision making.
5. Liaise with external auditors on audit related matters.
6. Prepare regular financial reports as required. Prepare and maintain up to date the accounting system, ensuring that all transactions are duly recorded.
7. Contribute to the development and maintenance of financial systems and processes. Provide advice and information to the Finance Manager.
8. Keep abreast of laws and regulations that apply to the accounting/finance function or field of professional expertise to maintain up-to-date compliance.
9. Performs any other duties as and when required by the supervisor.
Leads the team in all financial and accounting matters. Accountable for all statutory requirements and conformance of accounting standards.
Decision Making Authority
May take decisions related to Financial and Accounting procedures and terms of engagement with banks and other financial institutions. Consults with supervisor on other major issues.
Directs the resource allocation and workloads of a team of subordinates. Typically leading a group of professionals or technical staff.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.