Bell Oil and Gas
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Overall Purpose of the job:
Provide support to the Finance Manager
- Assisting in the preparation of Management Account.
- Provide advance receipt/down payment schedule from customers and status on each assigned customer.
- Supporting all financing transactions by compiling and tracking requests from prospective financiers.
- Ensure all vendors exist in SAP
- Ensure all payable related transactions generated are uploaded into SAP within 48 hrs after receiving the information/documentation.
- Ensure all payables are captured and posted into SAP
- Ensure all loans are tracked, exist in SAP and evidence of interest re-computation with bank charges available monthly.
- Ensures all posting initiated in SAP have records that are traceable and easily retrievable
- Ensure monthly cash projection and outgoing month’s cash flow performance are ready before the beginning of the new month.
- Ensure weekly cash projection and outgoing weekly cash flow performance report are ready on the first day of a new week.
- Manage the foreign payables spreadsheet
- Ensure all banks accurate reconciliation report are available for sign off at work day 5 of every new month.
- Develop a strong financial status to boost our cash flow position.
- Prepare financial statements (Profit and Loss Account, Balance sheet, Cash Flow statements, etc)
- Provide accurate payables aging report with schedule from SAP on monthly basis not later day work day of the new month.
- Ensure vendors’ reconciliation report are available at work day 5 of the new month.
- Accurate pay computation and pay run
- Ensure GL is reconciled to payroll schedule on a monthly basis and provide evidence.
- All reports received monthly as scheduled.
- Ensure accurate posting [accurate GL A/C] of vouchers with proper and sufficient description
- Ensure role is ready for external audit 30 days after year end.
- Ensure complete adherence to the finance manual except where impracticable.
- Ensure own roles in the finance manual is updated and agrees with actual practice.
- Ensure records are kept of all transactions generated.
- Ensure all posting in SAP have records that are traceable and retrievable.
- Better understanding of what is expected from the role
- Working knowledge of IFRS relevant to the role
- Ensure all regulatory payments are in the cash flow and settled when due [PAYE, CIT, Pension, WHT, VAT, Customs duties] etc.
- Demonstrate working and current knowledge of regulations as affect roles.
- Support and review day to day work of finance officers.
- A good university degree in accounting
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of business and official matters
- ICAN/ACA/ACCA certification is required. Candidates in-view (professional stage) will be considered.
- Knowledge of SAP is required
- Strong experience/knowledge in Financial Reporting, Tax and IFRS is required
- Oil and Gas experience is an added advantage
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
To apply for this job please visit belloil.com.