Santos provides reliable, affordable energy for progress and seeks to provide lower carbon energy over time.
Santos is a global energy company with operations across Australia, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste and the United States.
At Santos, our goal is to be a global leader in the energy evolution to low-carbon fuels that help the world decarbonise and continue to provide the reliable, affordable energy the world needs for modern life and human progress.
Santos is an important Australian domestic gas supplier and LNG supplier in Asia. We are committed to supplying critical fuels such as oil and gas, and abating emissions through carbon capture and storage, energy efficiency projects, use of renewables in our operations and high-quality offsets. Santos will also seek to develop low-carbon fuels as customer demand evolves.
For 70 years, Santos has been working in partnership with local communities, providing jobs and business opportunities, safely developing natural gas resources and from there powering industries and households.
Santos seeks to deliver long-term value to shareholders through our diverse portfolio of high-quality, long-life, low-cost oil and gas assets, carbon storage resources and infrastructure.
The Santos portfolio is value accretive and resilient across a range of decarbonisation scenarios. Santos has a climate transition action plan that will continue to evolve for the global energy evolution.
Santos has a regional operating model with a strong local focus. The Company’s operating structure comprises three regional business units focused on enabling and executing corporate strategy. Two divisions – Santos Energy Solutions and Santos Upstream Gas and Liquids – are accountable for global portfolio management and strategy.
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a skilled Senior Financial Analyst to join the Santos team. Based at our office in Brisbane, this position reports to the Finance Manager – GLNG OPL and will be responsible for driving financial governance and a compliance culture across the GLNG Downstream business, inclusive of an open and transparent reporting culture and upholding a high standard of accountability to the shareholders.
Key accountabilities include:
- Initiate and conduct pre-audit reviews and oversee the correction of any errors identified.
- Coordinate and ensure smooth planning, execution and close out of External Audits.
- Coordinate and ensure smooth planning, execution and close out of Joint Venture Audits.
- Initiate, manage the change management process, and track and report the progress for any audit findings received.
Procurement and Contract Management:
- Initiate and conduct pre-audit contract spend reviews and oversee the correction of any errors identified.
- Conduct pre-audit contract invoice sample reviews to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Coordinate any finance related actions arising from the monthly Procurement Governance Committee Meeting.
Joint Venture Agreement Compliance:
- Coordinate the preparation and issuance of the monthly Expenditure Statements, Contribution Statements and Cash Calls, including detailed review and obtaining Finance Manager’s sign off on the Cash Calls.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Group’s annual Financial Statements, including arranging Finance Manager’s review and providing assistance to Finance Manager for the presentation and approval of the Financial Statements at the Operating Committee by the Board of Directors.
- Conduct monthly assurance reviews of all trading activities to ensure compliance with various Joint Venture Mandates, Delegation of Authority, as well as external regulatory requirements.
- Perform further investigations and work with relevant stakeholder groups to resolve any anomalies identified.
- Prepare and present monthly assurance review findings at the monthly Gas Risk Management Committee.
- Compile and publish the monthly Gas Risk Management Report and Trading Transaction Log to the shareholders requirements.
Holding a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce, Business or a related discipline, as well as CA or CPA Certification, the ideal candidate will possess significant industry experience in Finance along with demonstrable experience within a compliance, risk or audit management role acquired in a large and complex organisation. Ideally, you will also possess experience of having worked in the Oil & Gas sector and whilst not essential, a working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
This role has a strong focus on Governance and Compliance and will therefore suit candidates with a “Big 4” Management Consulting background with experience in managing both internal and audits.
If this sounds like the role for you, do not hesitate, apply now!
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
Santos acknowledges that we operate on the traditional lands of Aboriginal people. We recognise the traditional rights to maintain the culture, identities, traditions, and customs on their country. We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our ongoing success.
We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander jobseekers are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via the online recruitment system before COB 26th February 2024
A requirement of this role is that you will need to have in place the legal work rights for Australia to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.santos.com.