TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 23 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
Responsible for overseeing and performing activities related to the geotechnical analysis of pipeline systems and foundations and associated subsea equipment without supervision. Leading junior and intermediate engineers on analysis projects, interfacing with the client, verification of analysis results and technical report writing is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for:
• Ensures compliance with the design rules and procedures in force within TechnipFMC
• Feedback the experience gained from previous projects into the design of new projects
• Maintain, develop and protect the group’s technical capability and know-how
• Optimization of mudmat style foundation systems through detailed analysis
• Pipe/Soil response analysis due to impacting structure (trawl gear, iceberg).
• Development of pipe soil response to be used as an input for pipeline design
• Design and assessment of suction pile capacity
• Design and assessment of hammered pile capacity
• Follow-up of relevant tests and trials
• Utilize available software and software tools to perform analysis including but not limited to Finite Element Analysis, Spreadsheet Tools, etc.
• Effectively communicates and interfaces with the Client on analysis progress and results
• Able to check work performed by peers
• Leading junior and intermediate engineer’s geotechnical projects.
• Responsibility to comply with company Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental and Security policies, procedures and reporting requirements in relation to their work activities.
• This includes but is not limited to participation in TechnipFMC’s Quality Management System (register to ISO 9001), Quartz and Pulse programs.
• Completed Bachelor of Engineering
• Minimum of five to seven years’ experience in the oil and gas industry related to the dynamic analysis of riser system
• Registered with PEG-NL as a Professional Engineer
• Good communication and organization skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Good leadership abilities
Office environment – Spends a minimum of 95% of the time in an office environment. Rare potential shop exposure if visiting that work environment for short periods of time which requires lifting, walking, stooping, bending, and some climbing. Fast paced atmosphere with multiple priorities and constant change.
Office environment requires sitting, operating a computer, walking and some lifting. Some potential exposure to possible shop hazards when visiting the shop/field environment that includes high noise, heavy machinery, and shop traffic.
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.”
To apply for this job please visit technip.referrals.selectminds.com.