CGG is a pioneering Technology company providing fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We deliver a unique range of technologies, services, and equipment designed to understand and address the world’s complex natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, this position is responsible and accountable for developing solutions leveraging multiple tools, languages, processes, and technologies. Specifically Geographical Information Systems (GIS) with custom web and desktop applications that integrate with the organization’s Data Management Systems.
• Design, implement, and deploy GIS software systems
• Analyze spatial and non-spatial information with respect to data assets
• Conduct research and make recommendations on software products, services, protocols, and standards in support of development efforts
• Identify inefficiencies in current software and investigate solutions
• Diagnose and resolve security and performance issues
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to software
• Building and maintaining geodatabase
• Ensure all GIS systems (e.g. ARC Server) meet business and performance requirements
• 7+ years’ geospatial or GIS development
• 7+ years’ experience with ESRI Desktop/Server (coding, customization, and support)
• Convert diverse requirements to system design
• Excellent analytical and math skills – creating custom algorithms to solve problems
• Software modelling – to facilitate communication of architecture and design
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, establish effective working and vendor\client relationships with good documentation skills
• Thoroughness and attention to detail, resourcefulness, initiative, imagination and good judgment and problem solving skills
• Work both independently and as part of the larger development team towards common goals
• Desired experience with E&P industry standard database schemas, data formats and object models
Typical Background (Education, Experience):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or GIS with a strong IT background
• Technical programming skills include C# / Python / SQL
• Experience in GIS application development and programming using ESRI API, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Server products
• Experience with ESRI enterprise geodatabases on Oracle and/or PostGIS
• Familiarity with agile development and GIT version control
• Knowledge of data analytics and machine learning technologies is a plus
Why work at CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in seismic imaging
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
- We take care of our biggest asset – our people!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.