Airswift is seeking a Senior H&S Advisor to work with one of our clients in the oil and gas industry in Clearwater County, AB, on a 1-year contract.
- Providing H&S technical guidance to Company Field Operations.
- Coaching & mentoring site leaders on H&S leadership, building and sustaining H&S capacity in front-line teams, and collaborating with site leadership to meet and/or exceed safety metrics outlined in the business performance contract.
- Supporting and/or leading incident investigations to ensure that root causes are identified, and that site leadership own and drive the actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Collaborating with the business to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Supporting the implementation of COIMS (Company Operations Integrity Management System), assisting the business in developing and implementing gap closure plans, and verifying that assurance/self-verification programs are functioning as designed.
- Fostering collaboration between the business, the deployed H&S team and the Central H&S team, leveraging the Technical Authorities and multi-disciplinary support as a conduit for communication.
- Delivering on the yearly strategic goals and objectives laid out in the Deployed H&S performance contract.
- Providing an independent view of risk from the business and intervening, if required, based on the risk identified.
- Possesses strong Health & Safety management system technical knowledge
- Requires detailed knowledge of all CVE H&S standards, processes, and procedures
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Provide direct support to Company functions regarding the interpretation of applicable OHS Legislation, Industry standards & practices, internal Management System Standards, Company H&S program components and worker training requirements
- Provide annual support to Company functions with their development of H&S management plans and business plan goals, objectives, and valid KPIs
- Respond to requests for H&S support from field based operational teams and/or functional leaders
- Participate in risk management activities such as hazard and risk assessments, risk mitigation plan development / review, and audits & inspections
- Participate as H&S representative on project teams and committees as required
- High proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Active involvement in incident investigation to prevent reoccurrence
- Understand the capabilities and functionality of H&S systems including Intelex, ISNetworld, Power BI, TapRoot, and SharePoint
- Oversight and guidance of Health and Safety technicians
- Able to make decisions under tight timelines and multiple pressures
- Searches for understanding and to find new and appropriate solutions
- Demonstrates learning from both success/failure
- Demonstrates clear understanding of various levels of communication (understands what the issue is, whats behind the issue)
- Knows when and how to compromise and finds solutions to resistance and setbacks
- Willingness to champion ideas, initiatives or position within the organization.
- Nature of the position requires the ability to influence the thinking and actions of others without exercising direct authority
- Education level, certifications, licenses – i.e. PEng, Steam Ticket etc.
- Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent experience is an asset
- A Class 5 (non-GDL) drivers license, or equivalent, is required
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate, Diploma, or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution is an asset
- Minimum 5 years of Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigations is required
- Minimum 5 years performing safety audits and inspections is required
- Root Cause Analysis certification (ie: TapRoot) is an asset
- Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or equivalent is an asset
- Process safety related training (PHA/HAZOP, LOPA, P&ID Interpretation) is an asset
- Working knowledge of SAP or other Enterprise software is an asset
- Certified Safety Professional or Canadian Registered Safety Professional preferred
- Major project, Well Delivery, SAGD Operations, and Safety Management systems development/understanding experience is essential
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in H&S, including demonstrable experience in driving industry leadership in Health & Safety performance and working collaboratively with various leadership levels within the organization to achieve desirable outcomes
Schedule: 14/14 Rotation – 12 hours/day
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.