- Vacancy information
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Senior HSE Advisor acts as the focal point for designated project HSE matters. He/she will provide a support function to project management, ensuring adequate HSE input and provide a mentoring role for less experienced HSE Advisors, including 3rd party/contractor HSE Coaches.
The project HSE Advisor has a direct reporting line to the project manager and a functional reporting line to the regional HSSE Manager.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
This position is essential for HSE success or failure and is categorized as being of high safety criticality. The jobholder is responsible for evaluating hazards, potential hazards and resolving problems that could have serious safety implications.
Generic Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Lead a positive HSE culture and behavior across Subsea 7 and particularly within their sphere of influence and are pro-active in all HSE matters
- Champion the Subsea 7 Critical Safety Behaviors Program, setting the tone and leading by example
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, accurate and cost effective management and delivery of the function’s activities within the designated area of responsibility
- Supports project and project leadership in implementing the Safety Management System
- Responsible for the co-ordination, preparation and delivery of project specific HSE procedures and plans including collation and distribution of HSE statistics and man-hours at the end of each month
- Supervises, co-ordinates and monitors HSE performance on the project
- Assists project management team(s) in defining its HSE resource requirements
- Ensure HSEQ capitalizes from Lessons Learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
- Identifies and co-ordinates worksite deployed HSE personnel
- Ensure Subsea 7 Risk Management process is applied to all project activities
- Liaise with Project Manager to ensure HSE attendance at key project meetings such as Project kick-off, Progress meetings, Client meetings and participation in periodic telephone calls to discuss worksite status and potential project interface needs with other stakeholders
- Knowledge of Subsea 7 Group and Regional HSE processes, Oil and Gas Industry, Marine, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, ISO 14001, 9001 and regulatory requirements
- Conduct or participate in emergency response exercises
- It is also expected that Senior HSE Advisors will spend up to 28 consecutive days at on- and off-shore worksites as required by specific project requirements.
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the HSE Function
- For level of authority see Expenditure and Authorization Specification’
- Professional qualifications in any of the HSE disciplines, or mixture of experience and formal qualifications
- Qualified and experienced Auditor
- Trained in Incident Investigation
- A broad range of subsea operations knowledge
- Expected to have or able to obtain BOSIET and OGUK Offshore Medical
- Familiar with and able to apply OSHA requirements for Construction and General Industry
Familiar with and able to monitor EPA requirements such as NPDES
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.