Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior HSEQ Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Manage the Business Management System (BMS) to ensure retention of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 certification;
* On-going review, implementation and auditing of the BMS to ensure continual compliance with relevant legislation such as the HSE Notices, British Standards, Achilles/FPAL, SEQual and other relevant HSEQ legislation;
* Monitor and lead on non-conformance reporting, record and categorise non-conformances and recommend corrective actions;
* To devise, create and implement HSEQ policies and procedures;
* Conduct continuous improvement processes and procedures;
* Responsible for office safety, ensuring a safe place of work, documenting and creating/revising risk assessments, maintaining the accident record book, ensuring compliance with HSE regulations;
* Responsible for carrying out internal and external QA, BMS, EMS and HSE audits;
* Responsible for management review of the QA, BMS, EMS and HSE systems;
* Internal and external stakeholder interface to ensure continued HSEQ integration into business operations;
* Build effective relationships with clients, suppliers and other partners to support the Company’s core safety values;
* Attends client HSE meetings, forums and present safety related topics as/when required;
* Shall review all security requirements for site access and control of company assets, and to liaise with IT company for implementation of Cyber security status;
* Forms part of the tender team, providing HSEQ support and input on all tenders and bids;
* Meets with insurance brokers and liaises with reference to any insurance claims;
* Interaction with offshore personnel on all HSEQ related matters;
* When required, prepare and deliver safety awareness sessions and safety briefings to on/offshore employees;
* Arrange for the appropriate safety training for all personnel to Company requirements;
* To identify all HSEQ related ‘gaps’, to propose solutions and to drive implementation;
* To be proactive and pragmatic in the coordination and conducting of internal HSEQ audits, ensuring OFIs, INCRs, Audit findings, etc. are closed-out in the agreed timescales;
* Participates in generating and issuing of Safety Alerts, HSEQ Memos and Safety Stats;
* Actively participates in, and has overall responsibility / authority for all incidents and accident investigations;
* Coordinating with staff on the documenting of Risk, COSHH and Environmental Assessments;
* Responsible for proposing and justifying annual safety budgets for the business;
* Deliver HSEQ portion of the induction process for new employees, in conjunction with HR.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant general experience within the HSEQ field.
* NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or other relevant formal qualifications with additional HSE qualifications;
* Professional membership for a recognised health and safety organisation
* Qualified and proficient Internal Quality auditor
* Specific experience in developing, managing and auditing of HSEQ Management Systems within the offshore oil and gas industry and/or the offshore shipping industry;
* Experience of safety and environmental management in construction/engineering/major fabrication/oil and gas environment;
* Experience with Microsoft Office packages including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
* Degree in Health, Safety or Environmental Management or other relevant degree with additional HSE qualifications;
* Offshore Oil & Gas, or Marine sector experience.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054191.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.