- Vacancy information
At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognized globally as a leader across the Energy Industry, with over 80 nationalities across more than 30 countries. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world.
Our success and sustainability are only made possible by continuing to develop our assets and technology through innovation and collaboration, and importantly through the development and diversity of our people who every day ‘Make Incredible things Happen’ at Subsea 7.
The Global Projects Centre & Asia Pacific (GPC & AP) is Subsea 7’s centre of excellence for the execution of its largest projects worldwide.
We are looking for a Installation Methods Senior Engineer to be part of our Department “Installation Methods Engineering” within the GPC & AP business unit. You will be responsible for the installation of subsea structures, floating wind structures, mooring systems, risers systems, flexible flowlines, umbilicals and cables. You will prepare the scope and then support the offshore crew during the operations. You will ensure the interface with the Client, suppliers, offshore crew and the design team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- You manage a team of engineers and a package,
- You manage all external interfaces (clients, suppliers) and internal (other disciplines, installation, manufacturing, purchase),
- To prepare documents and preliminary studies related to tenders, FEEDs and projects developed by the Group,
- You will be autonomous and supervise the engineering activities related to the preparation and Offshore installation of the products,
- You plan, prepare and confirm the specific procedures (validation test on site, transportation and installation) and associated calculation notes (design lifting slings) defining priorities,
- You participate to vessel mobilization as well as installation phases on vessel in order to validate technical solutions by respecting the rules of the Group HSEQ,
- You ensure that your activities are conducted in compliance with the Project standards in terms of Quality, Cost & Time,
- You are the technical owner and ensure choice of contractors and supervise subcontracted studies,
- You validate concepts and manage changes accounting for HSEQ criteria,
- You validate developments and propose appropriate improvements, taking into account the groups HSEQ standards,
- You actively participate in the development and progression of our team,
- You actively participate in the consolidation of the expertise of the installation team,
- You offer innovative solutions that enable the reduction of costs.
All personnel are expected to adhere to local HSEQ codes and practices and Subsea 7 Code of Conduct.
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge, skills, experience and behaviours in the following areas:
- Graduated with a Master of Engineering and relevant work experience in the energy sector,
- Subsea Structures Installation and/or Flexible Flowlines/Umbilicals experience required,
- Mooring Installation is desirable,
- Renewables Floating wind and other relevant experience is desirable,
- You have experience of Site and Offshore Operations,
- Your autonomy, capacity to coordinate and communicate are key assets to succeed at this position,
- You have experience leading teams,
- Your English is fluent.
Subsea 7 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed in creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as you develop your skills and aspirations.
Along with a wide range of benefits and a flexible working environment, employees can further enhance their work-life balance through our Remote Working Policy.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.