Santos provides reliable, affordable energy for progress and seeks to provide lower carbon energy over time.
Santos is a global energy company with operations across Australia, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste and the United States.
At Santos, our goal is to be a global leader in the energy evolution to low-carbon fuels that help the world decarbonise and continue to provide the reliable, affordable energy the world needs for modern life and human progress.
Santos is an important Australian domestic gas supplier and LNG supplier in Asia. We are committed to supplying critical fuels such as oil and gas, and abating emissions through carbon capture and storage, energy efficiency projects, use of renewables in our operations and high-quality offsets. Santos will also seek to develop low-carbon fuels as customer demand evolves.
For 70 years, Santos has been working in partnership with local communities, providing jobs and business opportunities, safely developing natural gas resources and from there powering industries and households.
Santos seeks to deliver long-term value to shareholders through our diverse portfolio of high-quality, long-life, low-cost oil and gas assets, carbon storage resources and infrastructure.
The Santos portfolio is value accretive and resilient across a range of decarbonisation scenarios. Santos has a climate transition action plan that will continue to evolve for the global energy evolution.
Santos has a regional operating model with a strong local focus. The Company’s operating structure comprises three regional business units focused on enabling and executing corporate strategy. Two divisions – Santos Energy Solutions and Santos Upstream Gas and Liquids – are accountable for global portfolio management and strategy.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled Senior Integrity Engineer to join the Santos team based in Brisbane.
Reporting to the Integrity Team Leader – GLNG and delivering value to the GLNG midstream assets, including the Curtis Island LNG Plant, key accountabilities include:
- Management of day-to-day technical integrity engineering issues for GLNG assets
- Failure analysis to root cause and subsequent defect elimination
- Long-term planning to maintain asset integrity throughout the various stages of its life-cycle
- Planning to ensure “big-ticket” integrity remediation is adequately communicated & budgeted.
- Development, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, delivery, review, audit and update of:
- Integrity Management Plans and procedures;
- Integrity Operating Windows – aligned with unit-specific process parameters;
- Inspection scopes for pressure and storage equipment.
- Engineering support to projects during construction and commissioning.
- Use asset management toolset, the integrity management system (Meridium APM), and other business tools, to track and manage asset health.
- Active and timely contribution to the integrity engineering discipline, including fitness for service assessments (API 579 / AS 3788) and RBI best practices (API RP 580 and RP 581).
- Provide support for all integrity related regulatory requirements, including but not limited to: Safety Case, Environment Plan, HAZOP/HAZID studies, risk assessments and risk review workshops.
- Support the business by preparing and reviewing basis of design, concept/FEED/detailed engineering deliverables, tender documents, contract review and site procedures.
- Assist the Team Leader – Integrity Engineering to develop, advise, recommend and deliver integrity management plans aligning to the company’s strategy.
Holding a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, the successful candidate must hold Chartership and RPEQ (or be within 6 months of obtaining RPEQ). The ideal candidate will also possess a significant degree of practical integrity experience – preferably within a high-pressure hydrocarbon operating environment.
It is also essential that you are able to demonstrate a working knowledge of:
- Materials selection and the limitations thereof
- Surface coating selection, application and the limitations thereof
- The principles of risk management
- The requirements, limitations, nuances and practical application of codes / standards associated with Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) programmes
- NDE techniques, limitations and requirements
- The application, maintenance and monitoring of Cathodic Protection systems
- Industry standards and statutory requirements pertaining to integrity management, including but not limited to AS1200, AS1210, AS3873, AS3788, AS4343, API 653, API 579, API 580, API 581 etc.
In addition, prior experience using Meridium will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel, as site visits to Curtis Island will be required approximately once a month. This requirement will lessen as the incumbent develops a familiarity with the asset and people.
As this role is primarily focused on supporting the 7.8MTPA GLNG plant, it will be highly plant focused and will suit candidates who not only excel in this area, but who are keen to deepen their knowledge further.
If this sounds like the role for you, do not hesitate, apply now!
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
Santos acknowledges that we operate on the traditional lands of Aboriginal people. We recognise the traditional rights to maintain the culture, identities, traditions, and customs on their country. We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our ongoing success.
We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander jobseekers are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via the online recruitment system before COB 13th Feb 2024.
A requirement of this role is that you will need to have in place the legal work rights for Australia to apply.
There are a number of fake adverts that are impersonating Santos Limited, in these instances you will receive an e-mail from a generic e-mail address. We do not make offers without interviews or due diligence taking place. You will know if an advert is genuine if you are directed to the Santos company careers page to apply which is https://recruitment.santos.com/
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.santos.com.