Marathon Oil is seeking a Senior IT Systems Analyst to directly support the IT related needs of the Operations, Reliability and HES&S organizations. This role will provide primary functional and technical support for the Enterprise Asset Management module of SAP ECC along with related integrations. Responsibilities will include system configuration and support, integration design and development, system enhancement design and development, issue resolution, project management and process improvement. The successful candidate will work closely with the business units to understand their goals and ensure Marathon’s SAP system and related Asset Management systems are aligned with business needs and priorities.
- Perform technical changes, upgrades, and other support for SAP EAM module to ensure continued reliable and secure system operation. Support related ECC, Asset Management, and HES applications and integrations.
- Liaise with end users, application vendors and other IT teams to troubleshoot; investigate, analyze, and solve software problems; map end user business requirements, processes and objectives; configure necessary changes to address end users’ needs
- Design, develop, implement and support enhancements and integrations related to SAP asset management modules including Field Service Management integration between SAP EAM and ClickSoftware FSE
- Analyze the current business processes and business scenarios to identify and recommend process and system improvements
- Participate and/or facilitate cross team training to provide a well-balanced support structure for Operations and HES
- Bachelor’s Degree desired with a concentration in MIS, Computer Science or other technical degree strongly preferred or equivalent experience in lieu of degree required
- 7+ years’ experience in SAP including 5+ years in SAP EAM module support required
- 5+ years ABAP development preferred
- Functional and technical experience in all aspects of SAP ECC core modules including FI/CO, TR, AP, AR, MM, EHSM (Management of Change module), LAM preferred
- Working Knowledge of middleware technologies, Informatica, SAP PI, FTP, etc. preferred
- Working knowledge of database backend, ANSI SQL, query and reporting preferred
- Working knowledge of DNV Synergi or other incident management application desired
- Working knowledge of Visions Enterprise or other equipment reliability application desired
- Integration experience would be desirable for integration initiatives
- Understanding of IT controls and audit concerns, project methodology and structured testing practices preferred
- Oil & Gas Industry experience preferred
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Not Applicable || || 30701 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Business Analyst, ERP, SAP, Database, Computer Science, Finance, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.