Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
At Devon, we will offer you a career full of energy and unmatched opportunities to solve today’s greatest challenges. Innovation, creative problem-solving and positive change happen when people step out of their comfort zone and think differently. Our values, workplace practices, wellness programs, benefits and compensation are aimed at helping employees manage their unique personal life and care for their families so they can focus on contributing to the fullest.
The Senior Lease Operator is responsible for surveillance and overall upkeep of oil and gas lease sites. Under minimal supervision, this position prepares, maintains, and submits daily reports and records of daily gas and/or liquid volume, well pressure and volume of chemicals used, etc. assuring wells are up and running. Develops and applies an understanding of lease issues.
High School diploma or equivalent
Requires a minimum of 5 years industry related experience
• Perform operational checks of assigned wells, equipment and plant facilities
• Record run time, fuel usage and operating parameters into systems if SCADA is unavailable
• Conduct production tests and perform minor repairs
• Identify producing well alarms and work with automation to adjust alarms as necessary
• Monitor progress of minor subsurface well maintenance limited to non-BOPE jobs (i.e., swab, slickline, plunger maintenance, hot oil/water, regulatory, routine testing, batch/chemical/scale jobs, long stroke/respace, cap string inspection, fluid levels, dynamometer).
• Collaborate with Engineer, Optimization Operator & DSC/PA concerning wells and lease activities
• General lease site upkeep (fences, signs, weeds, trash)
• Communicates corrective maintenance needs to Planner Scheduler
• Ensure accuracy of run tickets as required
• Represent the company in delivery/receipt of materials and equipment
• Maintain regulatory, environmental, and safety compliance in conjunction with and through close coordination with the Operations Engineers, Superintendents, Foremen, and Environmental Health and Safety Department
• Secure and maintain all Company equipment, including but not limited to computers, vehicles, and analysis or test equipment
• Possess the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
• Provide field wide contact with all personnel in the event of emergency or other significant occurrences
• Maintain positive relationship with Local, state/province, and Federal representatives and surface owners
• Oil and gas industry experience preferred
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Strong commitment to safety and environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work within a team environment
• Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving mechanical problems
• Position requires operation of Company vehicles. Incumbent must maintain a clean driving record and adhere to Company policies
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.