Petro Staff International
Shared Services, IT, Human Capital, Operations, HSE
We are looking for a senior lawyer to work in support of various company departments. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, this lawyer will provide legal advice in the drafting and negotiation of contracts in relation to the company’s internal departments that provide various administrative and operational support to the business.
• The Senior Legal Counsel is responsible for handling all legal related issues and advice pertaining to the Company, Project Owners and affiliates under relevant service agreements, often involving complex matters across Qatar and global jurisdictions.
• Ensure practices are aligned with accepted industry standards and best practices and are also consistent with statutory, regulatory and corporate guidelines.
• Has a high degree of freedom in the execution of job functions, events and activities within legal environment. Key Job Accountabilities:
• Provides legal advice and guide stakeholders, regulators and contractors on legal related issues adhering to department guidelines and law in a timely manner.
• Reviews and draft policies and regulations to ensure consistency with applicable law.
• Performs duties such as interpreting laws and follow up legal suits and arbitration to which the Company is a party to and supervise the activities undertaken by outside counsel.
• Drafts letters and documents addressed to Governmental authorities on legal related issues and maintain filing record of government documentation.
• Drafts, review and negotiate all contractual arrangements including those with contractors, customers, consultants, suppliers, buyers, lenders to ensure compliance with applicable laws and Company policies and department objectives.
• Develops standard agreements and reviews all agreements to ensure Company is legally protected.
• Leads on investigations for identifying and resolving legal issues, recommending the most appropriate approaches to remain efficient.
• Represents the Legal Department on internal or external working groups and committees and implement legal strategies in support of the legal Department’ objectives.
• Maintains current knowledge of international best practices, internal and external laws, rules and regulations and integrate into the Company policy and procedure.
• Performs other duties at the request of the Associate General Counsel and/or General Counsel.
• Bachelor of Laws degree “LLB” from a recognized law School.
• 10 years relevant legal experience including significant experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of contracts pertinent to business operations such as lease agreements, IT, staffing, and other types of contracts
• Front line legal advisory experience in multi-national, multicultural environment
• Excellent communication and drafting skills in English is required
• Good negotiating skills
To apply for this job please visit petro-staff.com.