We are one of the world’s leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here, we, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we’re bringing energy to life.
Company : company HQ
Job Title : Senior Legal Counsel, Upstream
This position provides legal advice and services to company and to the extent relevant, its subsidiaries/affiliates on existing operations and new projects/transactions, both domestically and internationally, with a particular focus on the Upstream Directorate. Ensures conformity with laws and regulations, drafts/reviews/amends legal opinions/agreements/documents and provides advice on safeguarding company’s interests.
- Provides legal counsel and advice to the Upstream Directorate on operational, commercial, corporate and transactional matters as and when required/assigned, including joint ventures, investments, mergers, acquisitions, incorporations, dissolutions and liquidations.
- Drafts, reviews, interprets and amends legal opinions, agreements, letters, memos, submissions and any other relevant documents related to the business, projects or transactions of the Upstream Directorate.
- Advises on legal matters related to Upstream Directorate’s corporate activities such as joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, incorporations, dissolutions and liquidations.
- Supervises work of more junior lawyers.
- Assists in review of claims in connection with the Upstream Directorate’s business activities including through interpretation and advice on performance of signed contracts and prevailing legislation.
- Assists the Associate General Counsel in oversight of the legal functions of the Upstream Directorate group companies, particularly in development and implementation of common legal practices and joint strategies.
- Provides functional guidance, as required, to assigned personnel within the Legal Division on complex issues. Support and encouragement to lesser experience legal personnel. Includes identifying training and development needs and organizing, in coordination with Training & Development Division in Human Capital Directorate, courses, seminars and orientation programs for legal and lay staff.
- Attends internal company committees, as and when required, to assist the activities of the Upstream Directorate and to advice on legal risks, including conformity with laws and regulations.
- Supports the development of junior Emirati lawyers and coordinates with other Departments and Functions on development and implementation of training and development initiatives.
- Manages external legal counsel services, including review of external legal counsel work product, preparation of request for proposals and instructing external legal counsel.
- Coordinates with Corporate Governance Department on corporate governance matters related to Upstream Directorate group companies.
- Coordinates with Compliance Department on compliance mattes related to the Upstream Directorate and Upstream Directorate group companies.
- Assists the Associate General Counsel in recruitment of lawyers for the Upstream legal team – including review, vetting, interviewing, and screening candidates.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by the Upstream Associate General Counsel.
Qualifications. Experience. Knowledge & skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Law from a reputable university.
- Must be a qualified lawyer in a civil and/or common law jurisdiction.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 8 years Post Qualification Experience of transactional work in a reputable international law firm and/or in-house legal department, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.adnoc.ae.