JOB TITLE: Senior Materials Coordinator
REPORTING TO: Materials Management
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
Senior Materials Coordinator is responsible for assessing and planning
inventory management processes both onshore and offshore for the assigned
region in order to optimize inventory levels. This person will also coordinate and audit the activities of the Offshore
Materials Administrators (OMA) and Onshore Logistics Coordinators (OCL) to
ensure they follow supply chain directives and standard operating procedures
(SOPs) as they relate to material handling and inventory management.
- Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
- Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
- Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
- The standard for tidiness and cleanness is adhered to.
- Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
- Quality of service to internal and external customers.
- Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
- Maintain accuracy of our inventory and proper documentation of inventory audit findings
- Timeliness and quality of response to support requests from the business (internal customers).
- Promotion of enhancements to existing inventory management and material handling practices.
- Support the setting and maintenance of the standardized min/max inventory levels by rig type and region.
- Ensure team and individual goals and objectives are clearly defined and support the overall supply chain and corporate strategic initiatives as they relate to inventory management.
- Proper research and review has been conducted to support recommended changes.
- Analyze data to discover trends and track progress toward inventory reduction goals.
- Support supervisor, Procurement, and Ops Prep in the identification and optimization of Inter-Rig Transfer (IRT) opportunities.
- Conduct periodic audits of inventory cycle counts, material condition, record keeping both onshore (yards) and offshore (rigs).
- Mentor colleagues with problem resolution and guidance as required.
- Change management processes are effectively executed when required.
- Actively participate in projects or process optimization initiatives offering suggestions or constructive feedback that will improve outcome.
- Relevant governing documents are adhered to by self and/or direct reports.
- All applicable reports and logs as required by the supervisor are maintained.
- Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by direct supervisor.
- Periodically international travel for 1-2 weeks at a time to perform inventory
audits of operational rigs. Overall travel
requirement less than 25% of time.
- Previous experience with materials handling.
- Advanced understanding of warehouse management principles.
- Full understanding of logistics and shipping management.
- Working knowledge of materials used in the drilling industry.
- Proficient computer skills, competency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with material management and/or ERP systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maximo functionality is a plus.
- Operate within Seadrill’s key principles for business conduct.
- As per Corporate and Regional Specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Logistics or related field required.
- Certificates, training and competencies such as forklift operation, hazardous materials handling, waste management, BOSIET, etc. a plus
- Leadership skills with ability to engage and motivate teams
- Knowledge of Oracle MRP & IBM Maximo preferred but not prerequisite
- Extensive familiarity with offshore drilling equipment
- Experience with cycle count reconciliation and/or inventory auditing
- Careful attention to detail, always ensuring data accuracy
- Self-starter, embraces empowerment and works with since of urgency identify and prioritize critical tasks
- 5+ years with proven experience in Inventory Management or related role (material handling, warehousing, logistics, etc.) driving continuous improvement in a rapid paced environment
- Computer literacy including strength in spreadsheet analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Able to work independently and as a team player.
- Proficient in verbal and written English language skills. Other languages a plus.
- Innovative, structured and organized mindset.
- Task management and prioritization.
- Quality assurance and risk management.
- Project and change management.
- Attention to detail.
- Integrity and Honesty
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Upholds Seadrill’s core values and reputation both internally and externally:
1.7 OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Must pass drug screen, medical and background check
We value our people and want to retain them. So, we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity
To apply for this job please visit seadrill.csod.com.