Reference No. LB38
Reference Number: LB38
Our client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Supervisor to join their gold operation in West Africa. The incumbent will be responsible for the development and deployment of planned maintenance activities for plant equipment. The role will also deliver Equipment availability targets through the planning of resources including Materials, Labor, Tools & Facilities and Critical Analysis. This position will report directly to the Maintenance Coordinator.
- Manage and control the process plant maintenance activities to ensure maximum availability.
- Manage the human resources, facilities, and operational resources of maintenance department.
- Execute maintenance plans in safe, environmentally compliant and cost effective.
- Lead and manage plant maintenance team responsible for executing maintenance plans and tasks.
- Execute operational maintenance activities based on equipment maintenance strategies.
- Oversee maintenance activities such as preventive/ predictive maintenance, downtime repairs.
- Direct supervision and QA/QC for maintenance tasks and backlog completion.
- Develop and implement best practices, processes, policies, and systems within plant maintenance which align with organization’s goals and objectives.
- Liaise with plant operations and other sections to ensure equipment downtimes are coordinated effectively in such a way to achieve the company’s production targets.
- Control maintenance costs and manage budget.
- Set priorities, performance targets and measures, monitor and manage KPI’s of direct supervising staff.
- Provide safety leadership in maintenance activities, and attend safety meetings,
- Safety inspections and hazard recognition, taking actions to prevent injuries or production losses.
- Establish and monitor employee maintenance related training and development on site.
- Audit current and proposed spares parts, maintenance intervals and preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that maintenance costs are kept within budget
- Minimum Diploma, Certificate IV or Mechanical Trade qualified.
- .Minimum 10 years’ experience in mechanical field associated with fixed plant maintenance out of which minimum 5 years’ experience and a supervisory role.
- Experience on pumps, valves, crushers, mills, vibrating screens, conveyors, pipe fitting.
- Solid understanding of Maintenance planning and execution.
- Experience within the mining sector in Africa or remote work locations.
- FIFO 6/3 Rotation
- Competitive USD package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit www.caglobalint.com.