Senior Mining Engineer (specialist mine planning)
Reporting into the superintendent for mining projects to lead long term maintenance planning activities on a major gold mining project in Papua New Guinea.
We are looking for candidates happy to work in a central Brisbane office location supporting the operations in PNG.
About the company
The role presents an opportunity to work with a large global mining operator on a long-term ongoing contract with great working conditions and a high day rate.
- Relevant tertiary engineering qualifications
- Track record of working on large mining projects in remote site settings
- Planned maintenance with open pit gold mine, and gold processing environments
- Happy to travel to PNG twice per year
- 10 + Years in planning disciplines in mining
- Vaccinated or willing to get vaccinated to be able to travel
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills
- Experience dealing in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work in a large team and meet work requirements within specific time frames.
- Ability to remotely support projects and communicate with stakeholders getting the best outcomes
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.