Location – Dublin/Cork, flexible working structure.
Salary – Market leading, with wider benefits package.
Reporting To – Renewable Engineering Manager.
The role of Senior Offshore Wind Foundation Engineer will be to provide technical input and expertise on structures relating to offshore wind (both fixed bottom and floating, both WTGs and offshore substations) during the full lifecycle of development and operations.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Defining and implementing engineering strategies and plans relating to offshore foundations including tendering (preparation, evaluation and selection of preferred consultants), negotiating and managing high value design contracts whilst managing multiple consultants and associated interfaces.
- Undertake critical technical reviews of offshore structural design work.
- Support certification processes with independent verification bodies to reduce design risk and enhance asset value.
- Develop and define internal procedures, engineering standards and technical acceptance criteria for offshore foundations (fixed and floating).
- Provision of technical support relating to offshore wind structures for certification, fabrication, transport & installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
- Manage and provide design guidance and internal technical verification of WTG and offshore substation platform foundations.
- Inform DevEx, CapEx and OpEx assumptions and estimates relating to offshore structures throughout the various stages of project development.
- Assist with the preparation of construction contracts (e.g. employer’s requirements and technical specifications) and contribute to project scheduling / budgeting and risk management
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, project partners, external design consultants and contractors to produce optimal solutions suiting project objectives.
- Lead the identification of topics for research such as software, technologies, materials, fabrication methodologies to be investigated in field of expertise.
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams in developing technical aspects of offshore wind projects (fixed and floating) in anticipation of key project milestones such as seabed leasing events, planning applications, route to market auctions, FID and COD.
- Provision of technical and strategic advice to Lead Engineer / Project Manager(s) on projects.
- Possess a Civil / Structural / Geotechnical Engineering degree (Level 8) or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in offshore industry, with at least 7 years post graduate experience
- Experience in design and / or design management of offshore foundations (monopiles and jackets).
- Knowledge and experience of planning, managing and executing offshore foundation design contracts, design management, program management, cost and risk control.
- An understanding of relevant design codes and standards.
- Knowledge of integrated loads analysis, primary and secondary steel designs, corrosion protection systems, structural materials, welding, fatigue, bolt design, FE analysis, environmental loading, transport and installation, operation and maintenance.
- Master’s degree (Level 9), ideally relating to Offshore Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in offshore industry.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Experience in design and / or design management of floating offshore foundations (semi-submersibles, barges, moorings, anchors, etc.)
- Experience with offshore structural inspections.
If you feel the above criteria applies to you, please do not hesitate to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.spencer-ogden.com.