Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Senior Oil Process Engineer to join the Upstream Process Engineering Division of Process and Control Systems Department.
The Upstream Process Engineering Division is responsible for providing technologies, process engineering expertise, support and consultation in the areas of Gas Processing, Oil and Flow Assurance Applications. The primary role of a Senior Oil Process Engineer is to provide specific technical expertise as well as to support and consult in specific areas of Crude Oil Processing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for Crude Oil processing operating plants. Troubleshoot major plant upsets and/or chronic operational problems and to identify improvement opportunities, potential problems, and remedies to existing problems.
- Provide technical lead in the evaluation of Crude Oil Processing and Water Treatment technologies to improve plant’s performance.
- Develop plans and road maps for reviewing and incorporating new technologies including preliminary economics.
- Conduct simulations studies process simulation software such as Aspen HYSYS and utilize process models for new and existing facilities to conduct production capacity assessment and identify plant’s bottlenecks.
- Prepare preliminary scope of work (including process schematic and equipment list) to debottleneck existing facilities or design new facilities.
- Coordinate the execution of capacity increase studies with operating facilities and detailed engineering design contractor and / or Vendors. This would involve setting the design basis and scope of work as require to ensure study is sufficiently comprehensive to satisfy objective.
- Create/Update Saudi Aramco Engineering Standards related to Crude Oil Processing.
- Support process design and engineering activities for new projects in conceptual, pre-FEED, FEED and Detailed Engineering phases.
- Mentor and develop young Saudi Arab Engineers.
- Develop new and/or deliver existing technical courses for engineers from operating facilities.
- Present technical papers in major international conferences and issue papers in reputable oil and gas journals.
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognized and approved program, with knoweldge in Crude Oil Processing area, including field experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working directly with Oil processing including Gas / Liquid Gravity Separators, Liquid / Liquid Gravity Separators, Electrostatic Coalescers, Crude Stabilizers, Gas Compression Units, Primary and Secondary Water Treatment. In addition to field experience working with Crude Processing Facilities
- A valid Membership of a recognized professional institute is preferred.
- Have adequate design experience in order to take a lead role as the company representative when working with engineering companies performing studies and design activities for Oil Processing projects.
- Expert in process simulation modelling such as Aspen Hysys.
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) Analysis is preferred
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.