SENIOR OIL PRODUCT ANALYST – IRC217666
At Eni, we are looking for a Senior Oil Product Analyst – Oil Derivatives within Eni Trade & Biofuels (ETB) in London. You will be responsible for analyzing crude oil and products market, understanding trends, and providing regular assessments.
About Eni Trade & Biofuels (ETB)
In keeping with Eni’s overall strategy in respect of the global energy transition, starting from January 1, 2021, Eni Trade & Biofuels SpA (“ETB”), fully owned by Eni SpA, will be the sole entity responsible for the international trading of crude oil, petroleum products, biofuels and related financial derivatives for the Eni group.
In particular, ETB will be responsible for marketing Eni’s oil equity productions, sourcing hydrocarbon, and bio feedstock, and marketing the resulting productions of its traditional and green refineries and of its petrochemical arm Versalis.
ETB’s activities further include the sourcing and management of maritime transportation and logistics services, and the provision of oil risk management services, for itself and on behalf of the whole Eni group, by trading commodity derivatives on the main regulated and over the counter markets.
ETB’s integration with the wider Eni businesses ensures a global and integrated approach that is further reinforced by Eni’s relationships and broad portfolio of global assets.
As a member of the Oil and Products Analytics Team at ETB, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining a flow of proactive information exchange mainly with colleagues of the analytics team and the oil and products trading desks of responsibility, providing support and analysis in real-time. Proactive co-operation with internal customers.
- Highlight trading opportunities based on timely and accurate market analysis and reports.
- Proposing and discussing market analysis models with internal customers, lead their development and maintenance, make sure they are technically sound and provide consistent results.
- Determining and discussing with internal customers and colleagues of the analytics team key assumptions and methodologies in modelling the complex global Oil & Products markets.
- Defining ways to improve tools to structure analysis, information provider selection, data gathering, and management with the aim to optimize them in terms of quality, the efficiency of results, and costs.
- Writing accurate and timely market analysis reports as requested by internal customers both on a regular and ad-hoc basis. In general, effectively communicate within the company the analysis results.
- Preparing ad hoc material and presentations for management when required
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Preferably a degree in statistics, economics, finance, engineering
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, and motivated in understanding markets and ability to draw the concrete conclusion which could improve business.
- Solid knowledge of oil & products fundamentals and their markets.
- Proven working experience in fundamentals analytics related to crude and/or refined products.
- Experience in other commodities analytics and/or trading assistant would be an advantage.
- Specific experience in the light products market fundamentals appreciated
- Capability in autonomously searching and identifying the most suitable data to support the business, their continuous update, verification, and improvement
- Comfortable and skilled in handling large quantities of information and data. Modelling experience (i.e. build and maintain complex models, develop queries, work with languages like SQL, Python).
- Effective time management and capability to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English; other languages skills would be a plus.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates’ personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Together we have greater energy.
To apply for this job please visit enirecruit.taleo.net.