Our client is seeking an experienced Oil & Gas Senior Planning Engineer for a 4-year project. A background in construction would be highly advantageous. PAYE contract based in Aberdeen.
* The Senior Planning Engineer will be responsible for providing high quality project planning across the overall integrated project schedule, as well as the schedules for all of the individual project scopes under the umbrella of the Jackdaw project.
* They will actively support the Project Services Manager and the Planning Team Lead, and the Jackdaw Project team, in the efficient planning, preparation and delivery of the Project.
* They will connect the project team to the safe and efficient execution of the project, setting focused Key Performance Indicators and Milestones, to support Goal Zero and delivery of a Best-in-Class project.
* They will be heavily involved in Risk and Opportunity Management, and project performance reporting, to project stakeholders.
* The key accountability of the Senior Planning Engineer is to deliver, manage and maintain, a standard, consistent and robust suite of Project Schedules, including the Integrated Project Schedule, within the complexities of a matrix organisation.
* They will be heavily involved in the areas of Planning, Integrated Activity Planning, Risk and Opportunity Management and project performance reporting to project stakeholders
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant project experience in Project Services,
* Experience across all EPC phases and significant Fabrication, Construction, Hook Up and Commissioning experience,
* Large complex project experience, with multiple complex interfaces to effectively manage,
* Proven leadership skills and track record for enhancing the overall delivery capability of the Project Planning team,
* Provide technical and strategic guidance to the integrated Project team, that is aligned with the project execution strategy and value drivers,
* Extensive EPC contractor management skills, challenging and validating project planning information, and working with the integrated project team to influence project outcomes,
* Provide regular and comprehensive project performance reports to Project Management. which create insight and understanding, and advise project management on corrective action(s),
* Challenge and validate scope change requests, proactively identifying schedule impact and schedule driven cost impact,
* Drive the development of a competitive and credible deterministic project baseline, using probabilistic techniques to ensure key project risks are fully reflected in schedule ranges,
* Highly proficient in managing complex interfaces, including Drilling, Brownfield and the Asset (Integrated Asset Plan),
* Strong analytical skills and proficiency with the use of standard office software such as Primavera, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word,
* Skilled in life cycle Probabilistic Schedule Risk Analysis, Risk Identification and effective Risk Management,
* Strong interpersonal, communication and team skills are essential, strong visual communication skills is advantageous.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/061966.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.