Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Planning Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for major, complex projects. Develop the list of plans required to execute the project and their hierarchy relationship. Drive, manage and ensure completeness of the development of the activities, logic, resources and progress for the integrated project schedule, leading to the creation of the baseline and its subsequent maintenance.
* Instigate, develop and police the planning and progress monitoring procedures to ensure that each element of the project performs the processes timely and consistently.
* Own the overall schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses. Develop status reporting framework and implement throughout the planning hierarchy. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project Management.
* Review scope change requests for the impact on schedules and the critical path of the project. Prepare reconciliation between earlier schedules and the current schedule. .Consolidate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and “What if scenarios” to aid project management decision-making.
* Liaise with and challenge Senior Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
* Contribute to the development of contract strategies documents. Ensure that all contract key dates and milestones align with the overall integrated plan. Evaluate bid schedules and review contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
* Contribute to the development of the project’s risk profiles and translate these into the plans using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods, as appropriate. Regularly track the schedule risk mitigation efforts, the criticality of the main paths to completion, float consumption and the release of the 50/50 schedule contingency.
* Implement, ensure compliance and utilise the company standard tools and processes.
* Provide input data for and conduct benchmarking activities.
* Deliver close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
* ● in these roles are/have been responsible for the establishment, maintenance, and delivery of the planning activity for a project >$100 million
Experience & Qualifications:
* Previous experience in a lead planning role in both the front-end and execution phases of an opportunity or project
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063949.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.