Electrical system and design expertise are necessary for GPC & AP to be able to liaise with clients, partners and electrical equipment, electrical cables and protection equipment suppliers. The interface with these stakeholders is critical in order to guarantee the correct technology selection, design, qualification and delivery of the equipment. EIC team is responsible for providing the personnel with electrical expertise to meet this demand.
The EIC Engineer – Electrical will be based in Suresnes and mainly allocated in tenders, FEED and EPCI projects interacting with client, partners and suppliers, however he/she may be requested to support in other scopes within the team responsibilities. Its mission will be to provide expertise by understanding client needs and select/design the fit for purpose solution and support technically its delivery. Short term trips to attend meetings, site and offshore work may be required.
- Industry bodies
- Tender or Project Team
- Other discipline engineers
- SCM, HSEQ and Doc Control
- Engineering managers and leads
- Alliance partner early engagement teams
- Community of Experts
Generic Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Understand clients’ needs; identify and address design parameters and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Independently evaluate, organize and prioritize work for self and others.
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Recognise and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities
- Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Good communication skills and collaborative behavior
- Encouraging production of new ideas
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability in Vendor and 3rd Party management (Technically)
- Willing for traveling
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to topside and subsea electrical systems and offshore power cables.
- Undertake, and check others’, analysis, design and engineering activities associated with DC/HVDC, Single and 3-phase Distribution Systems including Switchgear, Electrical Cables, Transformers, Converters, Inverters, Protection Systems, Subsea Cables, etc for LV, MV and HV systems.
- Perform and review electrical analysis: load flow and fault analysis
- Define electrical system architecture and protection philosophy
- Create scope of work and specification for design, fabrication, testing and installation of electrical and protection system and offshore power cable systems at component level.
- Manage provision of deliverables such as calculations/definition for cable/umbilical core design (electrical), determination of interfaces between topside and subsea production control system, subsea medium voltage power distribution, etc.
- Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DnV, ISO, IEC); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, construction drawings, design specifications, material take-offs, circuit diagrams, PIDs, installation, operation and maintenance manual; etc.
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Provide engineering assistance during mobilizations and occasional periods of offshore or site working, including FATs, SITs, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning.
- Provide technical engineering support to other departments within the Central Engineering Group, the Project Engineering Group, and to colleagues.
- Participate as required in events such as Bid Clarifications, Kick off meetings, HIRAs, FMCA, Design Reviews, etc.
Systems where a further knowledge is required:
- Single and 3-phase Distribution Systems and Switchgear
- Previous experience within Power Cable engineering in Renewables offshore industry
- Cable monitoring system
- Experience with power distribution calculation using ETAP software – desirable.
- Protection and Isolation Procedures
- Safety area equipment requirements.
- SIL requirements
- SCADA Systems (or similar Distributed Control Systems) – desirable
- ROV interfaces – desirable
To apply for this job please visit altea-energy.com.
Be the first to comment