Supervise EPC contractor relating to process engineering and review technology selection, review process and flow assurance simulation and interpret simulation results (i.e Hysys, OLGA, Flarenet), PFDs, P&IDs, UFDs, HMBs, utility balance, Process Datasheet, Control Philosophy, SAFE chart, Cause & Effect Matrix and etc. Pursuant to these, the Senior Engineer, Process must be able to perform basic sizing calculations related to PSV, BDV, RO, control valve, piping, pipeline, pumps, heat exchangers, compressors, flare and utilities for offshore facilities. To contribute in relevant process and technology selection including safety workshop such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, HFE, SIMOP, ALARP. Responsible for the design and selection of process/instrument equipment/safety equipment that will be used in offshore Sour Service environment. Possess technical knowledge that will make decisions and recommendations recognized as authoritative in areas pertaining to topsides process engineering and pipeline to onshore facilities.
Senior Engineer, Process shall supervise commissioning and startup of process package and overall facility and be responsible to execute Structural engineering in design/construction/transportation/installation aspects. To perform various activities including basic engineering or Front-End Engineering Design (FEED), procurement package and strategy, fabrication, installation, and commissioning, to support the construction of the major gas field development. Also to engineer and ensure all Structural and Naval architectural engineering for the projects assigned will be fully functional as intended, meet project requirements, cost effective and meet planned schedules. Senior Engineer, Process shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Supervise and manage subordinator, contractors/vendors in process engineering design to ensure to achieve high standard of process engineering design on fit-for – purpose facilities, equipment and processes with consideration of technical, commercial, economical, and environmental aspects. Ultimately, to ensure compliance with local laws & regulations, relevant project specification and international standards.
- Responsible for quality control on related deliverable develop in FEED and EPC for design review and option selection performed by contractor and reviewing all process design package and relevant philosophy performed by consultant and vendor packages including performing/reviewing process simulations, design calculations, process optimization, sizing, and selection of equipment, etc.
- Responsible as Technical Authority to provide consultation and recommend solutions on engineering design while ensuring effective interface across functions for among contractor, vendors, government, partner construction team.
- Responsible for effective communication and interlinking with multi-discipline to ensure consistency throughout design package.
- Responsible for the design and selection of process/instrument equipment/safety equipment that will be used in Sour Service environment. Possess technical knowledge that will make decisions and recommendations recognized as authoritative in areas pertaining to process engineering.
- Managing process vendor package as package engineer leading the delivery to the process package aligned with project requirement.
- Participate in the technical committee meetings to provide input or recommendation on process engineering such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, SIMOP, ALARP, Layout review, Constructability review, etc. to ensure the process design is in line with COMPANY and International Industry safety Standards.
- Support technical audit and provide technical review e.g., PTR (Project Technical Review), serve as the corporate engineering technical authority to ensure engineering integrity.
- Be the custodian for technical pre-qualification and performance evaluation of procurement vendors and manufacturers.
- Prepare a weekly/monthly progress report for issuance to the Engineering Manager and responsible as lead process engineer for all meetings such as contractor workshop, government, JV partner, operation asset.
- Establish a daily routine with the Supervisor on all process design and site issues.
- Co-Ordinate the daily activities of the discipline design Team and Specialist Vendors. Monitor and ensure that the Project Quality plan is being adhered to.
- Responsible for providing process clarification and validation on process design aspect during pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, performance test including resolve the punch list to ensure the seamless hand-over to operation. Compile relevant/necessary data / information from other disciplinary, internally, and externally, and conduct analytical studies on specification, performance requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Professional certificate by accredited Bodies/ Associations is an advantage but not necessary.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Oil and Gas industry with proven track record in processing platform design.
- A strong background in process and flow assurance simulation is essential. The engineer must be conversant and fluent in Hysys and/or UniSim and/or Olga and/or Pipesim. As such, the engineer must be able to perform blow-down calculations, settle-out pressure from compressor systems and perform dynamic compressor studies.
- Experience in CO2 removal process and CO2 handling / transportation either engineering design or operation.
- Have work experience on high H2S sour service for offshore or onshore operation and/or engineering design.
- In line with industry best practices, the engineer must be well versed with API and other applicable international standards.
- Must have a good understanding of process and facilities design and production operations including a broad range of expertise on conceptual, development and production operations of oil and gas project.
- Essential knowledge on high H2S sour service and high CO2 content relevant to design and/or operation.
- Essential knowledge of process simulation software i.e. Hysys and/or Unisim and/or Olga and/or Pipesim.
- Essential knowledge on operation best practice to incorporate into process engineering design.
- Essential knowledge on applicable International Standards such as API520, 521, 526, 14C, TEMA, NACE.
- Proficient in Process simulation software
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
To apply for this job please visit www.petroplan.com.