Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
The Sr. Production Accountant works under limited supervision and utilizes knowledge and skills as a substantial contributor to a variety of complex production accounting processes and projects. Analyzes and records accounting transactions related to operated production and reports volumetric data to regulatory agencies. Cultivates effective working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Operations and Field personnel and regulatory entities. Responds to data requests, prepares reconciliations, maintains accurate records, and other regulatory responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another Business-related field
Requires 3-5 years of related industry experience in accounting; oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Continue to develop an understanding of the principles, theories, and concepts of production accounting and apply them to master data set-ups and analysis, volume allocations, reconciliations, and reporting
- Demonstrates understanding of the interdependencies across disciplines of financial and operations accounting and how those impact company performance.
- Recommends and implements task and process improvements within discipline; promoting sound recommendations that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department
- Review filings to ensure completeness and ensure compliance within the government regulatory bodies
- Assists in mentoring and reviewing the work of less-experienced professionals
- Collaborates with multiple disciplines to solve problems and reach shared goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic Microsoft 365 skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks and manage deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Oil and Gas Industry experience preferred
- SAP/PRA experience preferred
- ProdView experience preferred
- Practice safe work habits always
- Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.