Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage, and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: SENIOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
· As a Senior Project Accountant, you will be expected to provide support and guidance to the project teams regarding the contract and commercial aspects of a project whilst also ensuring that the client and internal analysis and reporting requirements are being met against agreed deadlines.
· Understand the commercial terms and administration requirements for all Projects service line contracts to support delivery teams in managing and mitigating risks associated with contract delivery.
· Acting as the commercial focal point for the client commercial contact and attend client meetings as required.
· Preparation of Client monthly reports including but not limited to the value of work, forecast of spend, commitments annual budgets; business plans and contract incentive schemes.
· Monitor the on-going financial performance of each job by preparing monthly management accounts, forecasts and budgets and ensure all commercial and financial reporting deadlines are met.
· Support the project team by providing ongoing and regular commercial analysis and information regarding expenditures, commitments, forecasts, and the financial performance of the contract.
· Provide commercial support and financial guidance to the Operations Manager and specific Budget Holders in the preparation of annual OPEX budgets, business plans and contract incentive schemes.
· Ensure that internal cost reporting for the contract meets with corporate accounting and Commercial department requirements and that ongoing analysis is being made to track recovery against costs and highlight and resolve any associated issues in a timely manner.
· Monitor and provide feedback relative to KPI performance and highlight areas where improvement is necessary to optimize financial return.
· Liaise with the commercial administrators to review invoices to ensure they are presented to the Client correctly and in a timely manner such that they are paid on the due date. to submission ensure approval by project management is obtained
· Monitor outstanding debtors and ensure that any commercial problems are addressed, and that cash collection is optimized to support the delivery teams.
· Ensure contract commercial reviews are in place and ensure that specific commercial issues, risks, and opportunities requiring management are understood and communicated.
· Identify ongoing opportunities for revenue growth and cost minimization such that contract margins are enhanced.
· Proactively provide advice and support to the project team regarding the contractual and commercial aspects of the contracts.
· Ensure Labor and 3rd party reconciliations are done on a monthly/quarterly basis.
· Identify where contract amendments may be required to cover contract changes and provide support in their drafting and submission.
· Ensure the contract commercial structure (i.e., sell rates) are updated as required and prepare the rates for the annual rate review process and for purposes of contract variations.
· Perform all tasks and prepare all information in accordance with the company’s policies, processes, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Degree qualified (preferably in Finance/Accountancy/Business or part qualified accountant)
· Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel
· ERP knowledge
· Ability to work to close deadlines.
· Work as part of a team
· Proactive and self-starter
· Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
· Experience with budgeting, re-forecasting, cost-reporting and monthly accounts
· Knowledge and experience in interpretation of contractual documentation
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.